“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Renton River Days Parade

Yesterday we took the family to Renton River Days Parade with some friends.  After the parade we decided to skip the rest of the festivities and have a picnic at the park as a family.  It was a great morning but with an added dose of craziness.  Let's just say that feeding Abby was a bit stressful at the parade and we're lucky we didn't end our trip to the park with a visit to the ER.  At the park, Sienna was playing on one of those little animals that rock back and forth and Tanner walked right into the front of it taking a big metal duck to the face.  About 15 minutes later, Tanner was swinging and tried to climb out himself.  I was sitting on the bench feeding Abby and Matt had run over to play with the girls on the playground.  Matt saw Tanner in the process of falling and barely got to him in time to catch him as his foot got caught in the swing and he was headed toward the ground head first.  Not too long after that, Sienna and I were playing our own version of American Ninja. Running around edge of the playground, Sienna's feet slipped on the bark and she fell catching herself with two of her fingers leaving them swollen and sore.  We decided it was time to head home, rest and recover before heading out for the remainder of the day.  On the walk to the car, I told Sadie that she had about 300 yards to get hurt before we headed home just in case she wanted to feel included.  She had her own plans apparently because when we got to the van, I noticed that someone had a little accident. WHAT IS GOING ON?!  We headed home with Tanner singing, Sienna whimpering about her poor fingers and Sadie complaining that she had to wear one of T's diapers. I'm sure she would have rather sat in wet shorts but that's disgusting. We went home, washed up and then took naps. 

It's a good thing you can still have fun even when things are a bit chaotic.  The weather was gorgeous and the girls were candy magnets at the parade.  Everyone kept coming over to give them handouts, prizes and treats.  Tanner had a lot of fun eating candy and playing with his balloon.  We  even had fun at the park, it was just shorter lived than expected.








No comments: