“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Monday, July 09, 2012

2 Week Check-Up

Abby's 2 Week Check Up
Weight: 7 lbs 13 oz
Length: 20 1/8 inches
Head: 14cm


The doctor told me that weight gain is the best indicator that things are good and since she is well over her birth weight, we're doing great!  I knew she was a good eater but it was still nice to see that she was gaining weight.


My beautiful little girl wide awake for her appointment.


Every doctor's office should have a chalk board in the room.  Seriously, best distraction and activity for my girls.  Do you notice that Sienna's drawing is symmetrical?! Any squiggle, line or dot she draws will have the same on the other side.  She even asked me at one point, "Mom, where is the other one of these?" Making sure that it was even on both sides.  I think this is funny because Sunday after sacrament, both Matt and his mom came home to tell me that she was drawing pictures but of designs and they had to be symmetrical.  This is something new and I hadn't seen myself until today and it made me laugh.  


Sadie's dragon.


Sienna's drawing.  She also taught me how to draw a bird today.
 

Abby taking a nap after her appointment.  She has been such a fantastic sleeper and eater.  She has slept a 5-6 hour stretch at night twice now and I hope it continues.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love how everything is symmetrical. What a smart girl. I'm glad Abby is such a good girl. It will just make you want more ;)