“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day! We had a fun day trying to spoil daddy and make things extra special for him. The kids and I got up early and made a big pancake breakfast and smoothie. The kids set the table and helped get everything organized. We ate quickly so we could get to (9am) church on time. After church, the babies and daddy all took a rest while the older girls and I cleaned up and made a yummy dinner. The girls helped so much by setting the table, shucking corn, mixing funeral potatoes, sprinkling broccoli with cheese, making dessert from scratch and taste testing. The girls have baked with me before but this was the most involved they've ever been and it was so much fun. We had Ribeye, broccoli, corn on the cob, funeral potatoes and a rocky road fudge brownie pie. It was delicious! After dinner we played and took it easy for awhile, went on a walk, came home and ate a little snack then read some stories and went to bed. I think the kids did a pretty great job at making daddy feel special.







I remember sitting out and shucking corn with my dad all of the time growing up. I love that the girls are big enough and interested in helping me now.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That sounds like a great meal. The girls look beautiful in their dresses.

Anonymous said...

So Stinking cute! And I love that the dresses were getting used again:) I love that they are big enough to be such helpers (and young enough to still enjoy it;)sly

Anonymous said...

Nothing better than shucking corn in the summer! Papa is missing his grandkids...