“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Family Home Evening = Success

For FHE we focused on how we can make our home a happy one. We have tried to focus a lot with the kids on the important things that come with making a home. Since we have and will be moving a lot over the next few years, we want them to know that it isn't where you live or how much stuff you have that makes a house a home. We also want to focus on being each others' number one support and work on getting along better and having less stress or tension at home. We found some pointers from the prophet and came up with our own rules that we have posted in order to help remind us about our personal family focus and goals. Everyone signed the back of the paper showing their agreement to work on these rules to build and strengthen our family. It's only been a few days but I've noticed a positive difference already.  We are also working on the tenth Article of Faith. I'm sure the kids will have it down well before I do. They're so smart and such quick learners.


1 comment:

Mercedes said...

It is always wonderful to see the difference Family Home evening makes! I like your list :) and am very curious about your long 'chores for kids' list :)