“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sassy Sienna

Is it really already Thursday? This week has gone by quickly but that is probably because we are having lots of fun. Before I start the post, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLIE!! We love you.
.
This week has been so much fun but there has also been a little bit of drama. Sienna is going through a little sassy stage and she hasn't been the nicest to me. Monday and Tuesday she wanted nothing to do with me and said, "I don't love mommy." When Matt got home from work it only got worse. "I'm not listening to mommy" or "I want to share with Daddy and Sadie, not you mom" and I woke up Tuesday morning to her saying, "Daddy, you're yes-yes. Mommy is no-no." Everyone knows that Sienna is a daddy's girl and I am 100% okay with that. In fact, I love it because I am a daddy's girl and I would give anything for Matt and Sienna to have the relationship that I have with my own dad. With all of that said, it was starting to frustrate me. I didn't cry or get too sad about it because I know that Sienna loves me and we're great buddies but I was nervous that it wasn't going to stop anytime soon and that I was going to have to deal with this sass for a lot longer than I am willing to. I felt like if I punished Sienna or sent her to timeout it would only give her more reason to be upset with me but I couldn't throw all of the rules out the window. I just kept telling myself to be patient and keep reminding Sienna how much I love her. Matt was a big help too. As tempting as it was to laugh at a lot of the things that she said (because we all know that Sienna is HILARIOUS), Matt was very good at saving the laughs until after Sienna was in bed and he explained to her over and over again that it is not okay to talk to mommy like that. I am happy to report that things have gotten much better. Sienna will still get short with me occasionally but the past couple days have been filled with a lot more, "Mommy, I love you SO much" and "I'm listening to mommy." This morning Sienna was awake before Sadie and she cuddled up on the couch with me while we watched a show. She really is one of the sweetest girls around and I am so grateful that she has decided to be sweet to me again too. Here are some pictures from yesterday that just make me smile. One thing is for sure- Sadie is Sienna's best friend. These two are peas in a pod and they do everything together.
.
Sadie stood like this for about two minutes without moving. It looks like she is ready to do the limbo.

Looking at her cute new shoes!

Silly girls.

Look at her go.

Coloring with Joci.

Last night right before Matt came home the girls and I went back outside to play for a bit. Sienna thought it was hilarious pushing Sadie around in the doll stroller. Sadie loved it too and pointed most of the way.

I love how Sadie's legs are straight out in front of her.

Such a good big sister. As much sass as she has given me- she is so sweet to Sadie.

I need to put Sienna on her bike more often. She is starting to get the hang of pedaling.

Of course, they had to spend some time eating the grass and digging the dirt out of the sidewalk cracks before we could go back inside. I love my girls. They make me happy, they make me smile. I'm glad we are all friends and I am mostly glad that they are such good friends. Sienna is always trying to help Sadie be bigger than she is and do things she probably shouldn't be doing yet.

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

Darling pictures! Sorry to hear about the sass...I completely understand since Jess has her moments (or days) as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Such cute and fun pictures! I miss all of you. And a sassy 2 year old is just like a piece of heaven unless your the mommy who gets the brunt of it! But at least you know she is completely normal and happy and healthy or she wouldn't give it to you! You are a great mommy Karin. SLY

Kelsey M. said...

That first picture of Sadie standing is hilarious!! What a cutie. You are a GREAT mom Karin, all kids have a little sass now and then right? I love you!!

How Sweet it is! said...

You are such a cute mom. Your two little girls remind me of when my gilrs were that age. Love the pictures!

Bryan and Allie said...

Thanks for the Bday wishes! All of these pics were adorable! I love the pic of Sienna pushing Sadie in the baby stroller. Such a good helper. I'm sorry she's been a sass the last few days. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. :) Love you.

erica said...

i admit i'm a little lame and was sad that you hadn't updated since wednesday so i finally caught up on your old posts that i'd missed out on during the wedding/honeymoon craziness. this one made me so sad! i'm sure i went through a sassy phase too but it's hard to think about. i'm glad you're handling it so well. i will definitely be asking you for advice when i have kids in the future! lol. i'm glad sienna's being less sassy now. and i'm glad she's so sweet to sadie. i hope i was that nice... :)