“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Daddy's Big Day

Today is Matt's birthday and the girls have had so much fun getting ready for their daddy's big day. It's been a month full of doing things for daddy because the girls made their Father's Day presents super early and we've been talking about his birthday for awhile now. Sienna loves birthdays and she has especially loved celebrating Matt's because he is very special to her. Happy birthday, babe. We love you so much and have the most fun when you are with us. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
.
Sienna posing in front of daddy's presents. She helped me wrap the presents by adding lots of tape and coloring the white wrapping paper. It turned out really cute. Sadie helped too but by trying to eat the tape and opening the presents.

Getting ready for dad to come home and get his presents. Matt opened his gifts last night because I will be picking him up from work to go to the temple and the girls will be in bed by the time we get home. After the girls and I finished wrapping his presents, Sienna said, "I need to go back to the store and buy dad more presents."

Me: Sienna, why do you love dad?
S: Because, he IS my best friend.
Me: How much do you love daddy?
S: I opened his presents with him.
Me: What do you want to tell daddy?
S: Happy birthday!
Me: What do you want to give daddy?
S: Give him a present. What else mom? Um, a cookie.
Me: Anything else?
S: Uh huh.
Me: What?
S: Um, food. Ice-cream cake.

Sadie sitting and watching the fun.

Sadie clapping after daddy opened his new shoes.

Sienna even had her own version of the happy birthday song for Matt.


7 comments:

Bryan and Allie said...

I love her version of the song. Super cute. Have a fun time tonight!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday Matt!

erica said...

HAHAHA what a cute song! and i love the little dialogue you had with her. she's such a smarty! and i love that sadie eats tape and chalk, lol. better than bugs! ick. is it just me or is sadie getting blonder? maybe it's just the light in that picture

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Matthew Dan! I love you! And way to spoil him Karin...I love the girls excitment and interaction and Siennas song. Have a fun day....wish I was there. SLY

Macdonalds said...

Happy Birthday Matt!!! Ice cream cake sounds really yummy on a day like today- Have fun celebrating! I enjoyed Sienna's song!

.l i c k t e e s. said...

"it's matt's birthday? oh, did he get batman stuff?" no, probably not. "huh. maybe he just got a batman-momobile." -cole

we hope you have an awesome birthday, matt, and that you got something cool like a batmobile :)

love ya!

Loralee said...

Happy Birthday Matt!!!! What a cute video! You are so good to your man, Karin! Hope you have a great time tonight.