Valentine's Day has started early at our house. Matt surprised me with a dozen gorgeous roses last night and Tricia and I spent today baking up a storm.
.

Thanks Matt. I love you!
.

I made a giant pound cake for Matt. It is one of his favorites. It isn't frosted or decorated because Matt prefers it plain.

These are similar to a sugar cookie base but they have an Andes Mint in the center. Both Matt and Russ love mint so hopefully these are a hit.

Sugar cookies for Matt. Another one of his favorites.

Tricia made the yellow cake with chocolate frosting for her husband Russ. Dad, if you come visit me, I will make you a yellow cake with lots of chocolate frosting!!!
.
The finished products.
6 comments:
Those look seriously good! Happy Valentine's!
Who has time to bake like that? I don't.......(want to). Looks good.
You're comments on my blog crack me up. Actually, going to lunch was a great escape. I'm glad we went!
I have time to bake but always seem to do something else instead (unless it is treats for the dog). Your creations look very yummy and it is SOOOO much more fun to bake with a friend.
They look delicious! Hope you had a wonderful Valentines! :)
I'm checking my mail, I hope you saved some for me. j/k They look delicious!
So jealous! Lucky Matt!! Not sure I agree with the plain pound cake but oh well :) The flowers are very pretty
Post a Comment