“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Goodbye Sisters

This past Sunday was our last Sunday with the Sisters in our ward. Sister Johnston and Sister Sermon have been transferred and we are getting Elders again. It is always a great experience for our family to have the missionaries over but the last three months have been something special. We fed the Sisters every Sunday and then I would go with them to appointments. My whole family loved having them around and it definitely improved our sabbath.
.
Learning of their upcoming transfers, the Sisters heart-attacked our front door. They covered the front door with hearts, a fish and some goodies.

Sienna had to go potty and when she was done she said something like, "I'm coming Sisters." I honestly don't remember exactly what she said to Matt but she yelled something out to the them. It was funny hearing her refer to them so casually as "SISTERS".

Sadie has started pulling up on everything she can reach. There were a couple pillows against the couch so Sadie tried her best to get to Sienna.

Audrey came over to play the other morning and she had fun jumping over the cuddlebag with Sienna. After I fluffed it, it was quite a challenge for them to get over it but they figured it out.

Sadie thinks she is so cool getting to the toys. It is hard for me to swallow that Sadie is now 7 months old.

5 comments:

jamie said...

Aww sad, it was so nice having them over for dinner...the ONE sunday my slacker self did it. There is something so much more sweet about them. Sorry Elders, but it is true!

Anonymous said...

Karin - I love that you have taken such good care of the sisters and been such a wonderful missionary yourself!! You inspire me. The girls look so cute in the pictures and just so you know I LOVE YOUR HAIR in the group picture...very cute!! Hugs and Kisses to all of you!
Andrea

James said...

I can't believe Sadie is 7 months either! She looks so grown up standing next to the toy box!! I can't believe how time flies! Drew is looking a lot bigger to me the past couple days. Our kids are growing too fast!!
-Kiera ( sorry I was signed in under James)

Alyssa said...

That's too bad the sisters are being transfered, but it definitely sounds like you had a great experience while they were in your ward!

.l i c k t e e s. said...

sienna looks darling and sadie is getting so big! i can't believe she is pulling up on everything. how fun!

miss you guys.