“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hair-dos and Hair Don'ts

We had a fun and busy week. Matt and I went on two dates without the girls. We don't go out often without Sienna and Sadie and because of that, it makes us really appreciate our time together.
.
On our way out to dinner Friday night.
.
These two have the same fake laugh. I don't know if Sadie learned it from Sienna or if Sienna picked it up from Sadie but it is hilarious. Nobody can get Sadie laughing like Sienna does.
.
Sienna enjoys Sadie crawling around because now she has a partner in crime getting into everything. In fact, Sadie gets into more things than Sienna ever did. Sienna never opened cupboards but Sadie has already started showing interest. Their favorite place to play is on the fireplace. Sienna typically uses it as her stage to preform and Sadie is always trying to crawl in.
.
It's kind of hard to see but Sienna's hair is ridiculous. It is getting longer but it is at an in between phase that is pretty hard to figure out what to do with it. I can get the sides to curl out a lot of times which I think it adorable but if she takes a nap or spends a few minutes in her car seat, all efforts are lost. This is a picture of her hair after waking up from a nap.

You probably thought it wasn't that bad but now you understand- RIDICULOUS! What should I do? I need to cut the back soon so she doesn't end up with a mullet.


Sienna and Joci delivering a birthday present to our neighbor. I feel cheap. This box of chalk was $3.99. I bought it for Sienna's birthday but didn't have anything for our neighbor. It gets even better- Tricia and I decided to put the gift from both of the girls. Splitting a $3.99 gift and technically it was for two kids. It was like each of us spending a dollar per child. I talked myself out of feeling bad because it is 52 giant pieces of chalk. Just when I started feeling good about the gift again I noticed that the label has $3.99 in the corner quite large and it was covered in plastic wrap. LAME! Guess what? I would have loved if someone gave this gift to Sienna for her birthday. She loves chalk and I don't expect people to spend a lot of money on her. With that said, Tricia and I removed the plastic wrap and labeling and wrapped it in a beautiful ribbon and it actually made a really cute-fun gift. A good lesson to myself on the important things in life but I'll save that for another day.
.
What do you think of the pony tail? Most of her hair falls out almost immediately and I have to redo it multiple times a day but I am loving it.


Aren't they just the cutest? Joci is only about 3 months older than Sienna and they are such good friends. Watching them run towards each other with such excitement is one of my favorite things in the world.

If you know me, you know I love braids. My niece even asks to wear a "Karin braid" all the time. I don't know if that is necessarily a good thing (sorry Brit)- but at least she wants to be like me. Anyway, It has been awhile for me to do pigtails but it is so windy and I wanted my hair out of my face. I was walking the chalk down to Tricia's house to see if it was an okay gift and she made me come home and pose for a picture because she couldn't stop laughing. She said that I looked like a little school girl carrying a basket down the street so the next time I went to her house I skipped just to see what she would say. (I don't know what is up with this pose either but that is how Tricia told me to stand.)

7 comments:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

totally love sienna's ponytail! but that is something i am definitely not looking forward to-fixing girl hair! i am not worried about doing it, just worried about doing it all the time!

Anonymous said...

I love pig tails too. You look great!!

Kelsey M. said...

I love the ponytail, it's adorable! And I love your braids :). I would LOVE to come down for her birthday...when is it exactly?

Macdonalds said...

The ponytail is very cute. I think the chalk is a great gift! I wish we could be there for her b-day! June is so far away. I need to send you some cake, some fudge, a gift certificate to cinnabon and anything else I can think of. You are one skinny girl.

brit said...

look at me i'm a schoolgirl! ha ha. you look cute and much thinner than me i will have to add. your girls are cute too. i hate texas. or at least that it is so far away from bama. i need more time with the shumways! we will cross our fingers for march.

Author said...

So, I totally have to know how you got such a smokin' hot bod!! Please, tell me!! My tummy flab is killing me and you obviously have none!

Karin said...

You guys are obviously not looking too closely. Emily- I don't need any of those goodies but I'd sure eat them anyway. :)

Brit- I hope you can come. I can fly there and help you drive back on a weekend. :)

As for the tummy flab, I have more than my fair share!!!