“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Thinking Out Loud

There are friends that can only be accurately described as special, amazing and wonderful.

Then there are (the few) friends you think are special but kind of fall flat over and over....yeah, getting sick of it/them. 

I'm pretty good at staying in contact with everyone. It is something that I am passionate about. I love people. In fact, some of the more difficult moments in my life are when I am trying so hard to reach out to different friends/family members and not feeling like a mutual relationship is wanted. It is something that tears me up and I've tried to let it go but it eats at me constantly. It's one of my biggest insecurities and I am trying so hard to be the most charitable person I can and hope for the best in the end. Sometimes I wish it was easier for me to let certain relationships fall through the cracks. 

Even though this is one of the harder things for me to deal with, I am grateful it is a very rare. I feel so fortunate to have the friends and family that I do. I have such an incredible support group that is spread out all over and know there are so many I could call anytime and they would be there to help or listen.

I guess I'll focus on those relationships and try to be the best friend, sister, daughter, aunt, wife and mom I can.






4 comments:

Ashley said...

Karin, Im so glad we are friends. I'm not always the best about keeping in touch, but I try! :)

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Oh goodness, Ashley! I adore you to pieces. You're a great friend and I am glad that we became close. xoxo

Lisa said...

Trudat! :)

Michelle and Nick said...

And niece...