“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Sunday, July 14, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SADIE PIE!!

Yes, there are a LOT of pictures on this post but it is because we had a super fun filled day with our special birthday girl. Sienna did such a great job at helping make Sadie feel extra special and chose out her balloons, cupcakes and so much more. Sadie was able to choose what she wanted to do for her big day which consisted of donuts for breakfast, playing at Golden Gate Park, picnic at the beach, presents, pancakes and bacon for dinner, piñata and cupcakes. We were going to get the girls' ears pierced too but ran out of time. It might sound like a lot but we had to cancel her b-day party that we had planned since we were all sick earlier in the week and wanted her to still have an extra special day. Our new friends Mckenna and Mckayla were able to come over and surprise Sadie for her cupcakes and piñata. They are in our ward and live in our apartment complex and the girls LOVE them. Borderline obsessed. It is so nice having friends close and I love their mama so it's a great friendship to have. 

After tucking the kids in bed, I was sitting on the couch and Sadie sneaked out of her room. She saw me on the couch and came over, gave me a hug and said, "it was a great birthday, mom!" Melted my heart and made me so happy. She is such a wonderful girl and we are so grateful she is ours. I cannot believe she is five and I am in denial that she will be heading off to Kindergarten this fall. I just want to keep the girls home with me forever.

(Abby thinks it is so much fun to stand and practice balancing. If I am sitting on the floor, she crawls to me as fast as she can and then lifts herself up and balances. I started counting every time she did it so now she counts (makes a lot of really cute baby noises and says a couple numbers sometimes). She's getting better and better. Still not interested in taking steps on her own but getting closer.)






































































No comments: