“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Nana and Papa's Weekend Visit

For how much and how long we've all been looking forward to this weekend, it has come and gone way too quickly. We have missed Nana and Papa and had so much fun catching up and playing for a few days. They spoiled us rotten.
Friday: We spent the morning at the Monterey Aquarium and then spent the rest of the day in Santa Cruz at the beach and boardwalk. Nana grew up in Santa Cruz and the girls have been so anxious to see her favorite beach and where she spent a lot of time and even had her prom in high school. It was beautiful and everyone had so much fun. Sadie was about one centimeter too short to do any of the rides so she and Tanner got to choose out a treat while Sienna and I went on the Sea Swings. 
 Saturday: We went miniature golfing, ate lunch at BJ's and then took naps and went swimming at our apartment pool.
Sunday: Today we had to say goodbye and send them on their drive home. We were all sad and wanted to keep them longer. They stayed long enough to hear Matt teach Gospel Doctrine and then me teach Relief Society and then hit the road. Too funny that we were both asked to guess teach the weekend they were here. I think both lessons went great and it was fun having them here with us for them.




 The waves were a lot bigger than the girls have been used to and this one took Sienna out. Luckily she has gotten quite confident in the water and Papa was close to help her up.





Matt and Tanner running away from some incoming waves.  




I was big and let Abby play in the sand and have fun. She loved it.







Building some mermaid tails.



Picture of Abby showing the boardwalk in the background.

















The aquarium was awesome. I could sit and stare at their huge tank of fish, sharks and turtles all day.







Playing plah-doh.

1 comment:

makana hansen said...

aren't parents the best?! You guys had such a fun weekend and I loved the baby hanging out in the backpack :) UGH! Wish we were closer! I am sure you both did a really wonderful job teaching.