“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Monday, December 03, 2012

My Poor Baby!

We were all hanging out having a great time at Nana and Papa's house as the girls came running into the living room chasing each other and laughing their heads off.  This came to an abrupt end when Sadie tripped on her blanket and went crashing into the corner of the coffee table.  I was standing about two feet away and saw that her face smashed perfectly into the corner.  I immediately grabbed her and held her close while calling for Matt.  I was too scared to pull her away without him by me.  At first when I pulled her away from me, I didn't notice anything.  Then I saw the blood.  Her poor mouth was a mess. Her cheek was already bruised, her gums swollen, the inside of her lip thrashed and then the worst part, her teeth were not as they should be. One of her teeth was loose and bent back. We all went back and forth on what we needed to do for Sadie and all agreed that a doctor or urgent care wouldn't be able to offer us any help and that we really needed a dentist. After awhile, Sadie was still in a lot of pain and crying so Matt asked her where it hurt the most. She told him it was her tooth and he asked if she wanted him to pull it. She said no until he told her it would make her feel better and then she said, "okay, let's do it!" I carried Sadie to the kitchen table and had her lay down. Matt said a prayer with her that she could be brave and then he pulled out her tooth. She really was so brave and almost instantly felt better.  Later, Nana told her that Heavenly Father helped her be brave and Sadie said, "I know, Heavenly Father is nice." 

After everything was over, Matt and I were both drained. We talked on our way home that all of that adrenaline and worrying wiped us out.  Sadie is doing great and isn't in much pain but we are taking her to the dentist today to see if she needs another tooth pulled.  The tooth next to the one she lost is pushed up into her gums and we just want to make sure it isn't going to cause problems for future teeth.  My poor baby is going to be missing her tooth for a good couple years. If this other one has to be pulled, it will be gone for at least 5 I'm guessing.  It is so heartbreaking to both me and Matt but Sadie is being so big about it all.







1 comment:

Sharee said...

WOW! Look at those teeth! I am so proud of you Sadie!