“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Friday, May 18, 2012

Pike's Place - Farmers Market

Pike's Place was so much fun.  We love walking through farmers' markets as a family and this one was very different than any we had been to in the past.  It lived up to all of the hype too.  The weather was gorgeous again! (Everyone keeps telling us not to get used to it but I hope they're wrong because we are loving weather in the high 70s every day.)  We decided not to overdo it on all of the yummy snacks and food since we live here and it only took about twenty minutes to get there but we have every intention on heading back often and eventually trying most everything.



Outside by the Pier.  All of the trees and water in Washington make it one of the most beautiful places.

There was a guy with his Africa Gray named Phineas preforming on the sidewalk.  The kids loved all of his tricks and laughed continuously but wouldn't hold or pet the parrot.  Phineas would play dead, meow like a cat, make a bombing noise and even do handstands and back somersaults.  It was pretty funny and a good way to start out our walk.


Sampling the different jams and pepper jellies.  The girls are trying rose petal here.


 Piroshky Piroshky - what one should we choose?


Matt and I looked down and Tanner was holding both girls' hands while we walked around.  It was so cute.  He loves his sisters and gives them dozens of hugs a day.


They are my girls for sure.  As a kid, I hated the smell of seafood to the point of getting nauseous.  As soon as we walked by they both instantly grabbed their noses.  Check Sadie out though - I taught her this at church the week before we moved and couldn't stop laughing when I saw she did it for the picture.


Pike Place Fish Co. where they throw the fish when you order it.  It was neat to see it in person.


Daily Dozen Donuts.  Miniature and delicious!


Tanner won't eat any kind of donut but he LOVES sprinkles.


He likes to share too whether you want to or not.


Our little cheeseballs at Beechers cheese. One word, FANTASTIC! That cheese was so delicious and they made a wicked Mac n' Cheese too.


A little better...


Outside watching the ferries and looking at the water.


Me and my Tanman looking out the window on our way back to the car.













3 comments:

Ashley said...

Seattle is so fun. I've been there once only for a few hours. Looks like you guys are enjoying it. Sadie's nose trick is awesome. I just sat here for 5 min trying to do it...hahaha.

Can't wait to see you guys again at the end of the summer and your sweet baby girl!

.l i c k t e e s. said...

so fun to see all your awesome adventures! i love all the pictures!

but we miss you. lots :)

Jenn said...

Washington looks so fun, It looks like things are going well. I'm so excited for your new babe, can't wait to see her. And you look great by the way!!

(I use photoshop for my formatting. I think there are other ways but I'm not too familiar with them). If you ever need help with anything like that let me know... I love doing that kind of stuff. :)