“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Nesting Already?!

This is my second bedroom after I emptied out the closet. I spent 11 hours yesterday going through all of my closets and organizing everything. It was a long and tiring day but I was able to get most of it done before Matt came home from work and it felt so great. We're not done but we're close. I cannot wait to post pictures of when I am finished getting Baby Tanner and the guest room finished. Yes, we're having a BOY and we're currently loving the name Tanner Matthew Shumway. I want to make the second bedroom a baby and guest room but that wont be finished for awhile.
.
Second bedroom AFTER picture. I wish I took a before picture because you wouldn't believe the difference. Just picture all of that junk in the top picture stacked in this closet.

Girls' closet before picture.
.
Tricia was so sweet and came over to help me go through all of my girl clothes and organize them again. I was pretty convinced I wanted a boy but after going through my clothes I would have been just fine with another girl too.

The girls closet after. The top shelf is cleared off too with only a couple boxes that have baby clothes in it.

I moved my beautiful hope chest that my mom painted for me into the girls' room. I emptied all of my things out of it and filled it with the girls' blankets. It matches their room perfectly.

I was also able to hang these before Matt got home. They've been sitting in my second bedroom for way too long and I finally got them up. Thanks Tricia for all of your help!

2 comments:

Kiera said...

Good job, you make me want to organize my house. but since I am being lazy and feeling huge, I will wait for a couple months.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

it all looks great! i've got the organizing bug, too, and NO i am not pregnant...yet :)

the kiddies and i just sent a package to texas...should be there thursday!

i keep saying "tanner" out loud because i'm having a hard time picturing it...of course that will change once he's here :)