“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hannah Mathis

Hannah Mathis, born July 26, 2010. This is Kiera's baby, Kiera being one of my dearest friends that I love to pieces. I was lucky enough to spend last night at the hospital with her and Hannah. Kiera and I didn't get much sleep but Hannah sure did. She is such a good baby and I held her for hours. She sure made me want my baby NOW but I can wait a few more months. It was such a fun surprise because Kiera and James did not find out the gender of their baby and everyone thought it was another boy. Audrey, their oldest, insisted it was a boy and was quite shocked but thrilled to have a baby sister. Audrey and Drew each held Hannah one more time before going home with daddy for the night and Audrey leaned over, kissed her head, and whispered, "I'm going to miss you." It was so sweet. What also made me smile was when I would talk to Hannah about Tanner, she would often grin at me. I love babies and had such a great time watching such a good friend and her family welcome Hannah with such love and joy.

1 comment:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

she's a cutie :) and hannah fits them, it's cute!