“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

16 Weeks (and 1 day, but who is counting)

Sienna wanted to take pictures so I figured what the heck, I might as well have her snap one of my chubby self. Being 16 weeks I keep anticipating the pop where my belly jumps out and it is obvious that I am expecting but it hasn't really happened yet. Instead, I am stuck in the awkward chubby stage and my back is becoming more and more insulated. (I HATE BACK FAT!!) I have several friends including my adorable sister (Allie) that are pregnant and many of them have these cute little baby bumps that are just darling. The don't seem to gain anything anywhere but their little tummies. Pretty soon, you wont be able to tell where my back ends and my butt begins. Okay, I know I'm being a little extreme. Really, I have zero complaints. I love being pregnant and am blessed to be expecting again. I cannot wait to find out what we are having. I have an appointment on the 16Th and I called my doctor asking if they would tell me then but they wont do the ultrasound until you're at least 20 weeks. Again, I can't complain. I mean I found out I was five weeks farther along than I expected so waiting til August isn't that bad. I wish I would have kept a better pregnancy journal with my girls. I remember getting somewhat nauseous with Sienna but nothing severe and I don't think I was sick a day with Sadie. I haven't been sick this pregnancy either minus the smallest bit of nausea here and there. I am sore this pregnancy though. I don't know if it is baby number three or what, but my I can feel so much more internally. I have already started feeling slight movements from Baby#3 and have for a few weeks but they are the smallest of flutters. I can't wait for the next couple of weeks t hat bring the more drastic kicks. When finding out I was due December 21st, I was first a bit bummed. I have never wanted to have a Christmas baby (although, after saying that out loud in the fall, I knew it was going to happen), and I am so sad that I wont be able to make it to Kyle's wedding. The more I think about it, the more my friends are right. I think it will be a remarkably spiritual experience delivering so close to Christmas. How could I be so selfish? I think it will give me a different prospective on Mary giving birth to the Savior. It doesn't make me want to have my baby at home or in a stable but it sure does make me appreciate that I have the comfort of modern technology and hospitals and if makes me forever more grateful for what Mary went through. I look forward to more of these moments come December when I am actually having this little baby.
.
16 weeks and 1 day. For the record, I plan on delivering about two weeks early to accommodates scheduling for everyone a little better. I have had both girls early so I don't think it is the most ridiculous thing ever but I wont be induced. Now watch, I'll go over my due date and deliver on Christmas or something. My sister told me yesterday that she informed my dad that he needs to start saving his sky miles because she sees me making it to Kyle's wedding come hell or high water. Ha ha, don't think I'll be flying with a newborn but my sister does know me well. Driving wasn't so bad and newborns sleep a lot... we'll just have to wait and see. Right now I dream of being snuggled up with my two girls and possibly a baby boy around a Christmas tree in my own living room and visiting our newest cousin/niece/nephew just down the road. I don't know if I am more excited to meet my baby or Bryan and Allie's. What miracles and blessings, how I LOVE babies. Well, there is enough ramble from me today.

8 comments:

Macdonalds said...

You are so tiny, it's not even funny!

Alyssa said...

I think you look great! From that picture, I wouldn't even know you were pregnant. :) Can't wait to hear if a boy or girl will be joining your family!

Sharee said...

I just wrote a comment and it looks like it didn't transfer (hate it when that happens!) - I said: I think you are lying about being pregnant! I hope you get your boy and I am so excited to find out the gender! However, you and Matt make beautiful girls so a girl would be wonderful too (and easy)!

Angie said...

Congrats Karin!!
Are you supposed to be showing, because you're soooo tiny it's ridiculous!
I'm sad that I've never really gotten the chance to meet your daughters, they are so beautiful. Hopefully it won't be too long before our paths cross and I get to meet them-- along with this new addition :)
Again, congratulations, you look amazing.

Kiera said...

You don't look pregnant at all. You are still way small.

Kelsey M. said...

you are soooo silly. you are tinier then i will ever be in my entire life. seriously, you look miniature in that picture. when i get prego i'm gonna be one of those that balloons up everywhere...a baby in each arm. can't wait. haha. looove you!

Lisa said...

You're lucky you're pregnant and several states away from me so I can't hurt you because next time you say you're chubby when you look like THAT ... watch out! j/k, You're so cute, Karin. You're such a great mom and I'm so happy for you. I miss you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am worried that the doctor - ultrasound - was wrong. Cuz my dear YOU ARE TINY!!!!!! I can't wait for your next ultrasound too so that we can know the flavor of this new little person:) Sure Love Ya!!