“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Friday, June 20, 2008

"Sprinkle"

Wednesday night our friend Loralee held a baby "sprinkle" for me at her house. It was for the women and wives from TWG. It was so fun and I am grateful for such great friends. Really, I haven't seen a lot of the girls that came for over 6 months because the company is getting so big and it is hard to keep up with everyone. It isn't common to have a baby shower for baby #2 especially for the same gender, but they insisted since they never had one for Sienna. I thought they were so sweet and we had a great time.
.
This is the announcement. I'm sorry you can't see it very well. Loralee wrote a cute little poem about how this was a "baby sprinkle" not a baby shower.

We got lots of onesies and clothes. This is just some of them. I got some other onesies that were so cute but after washing them, I don't know how a baby will ever fit into them. They are labeled 0-3 months but they were an inch or two smaller than Carter's Newborn onesies. So tiny. Do you see those adorable shoes?

Some more goodies. Seriously, Matt and I are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends out here and we just keep making more. Our housing development has turned into quite the TWG neighborhood. There are now 5 families from work that live here. Sienna loves having more friends around. I wish I was smart enough to get pictures of everyone at the baby shower but I kind of forgot to get the camera out until I got home.

5 comments:

Macdonalds said...

That sounds so fun! It's great that everyone is so supportive and thoughtful! I love all the pink! It will be nice to have some new things for Sadie to wear. Have a good date with Matt tonight!

Anonymous said...

a baby sprinkle--that's the cutest idea ever! and at least you got lots of onesies...they're your favorite :)

can't wait to see little sadie! it's getting so close. and just for the record, she will be coming on july 10 and she will weigh in right at 7 pounds +/- an ounce, or maybe 7 pounds 2 ounces :)

love ya-
reni

Kiera said...

So fun, we are excited for Sadie to come too. Thanks for coming tonight, it was fun! Sorry, I didn't think to invite you guys to Audrey's dance recital. I didn't know if you would want to come or not.

Anonymous said...

what is sadie's middle name going to be? i think i remember you telling me adrianne or larae or something, but i'm not sure. jake really wants it to be sadie jake, so if you can consider that it would be awesome :)

love ya-
reni and jake

The Nielsons said...

LOVED the "sprinkle" and can't wait for Sadie! Make sure that you call me when your water breaks! Except I wouldn't count on me to clean up the mess and wash your sheets. GROSS. Haha!