“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Monday, June 02, 2008

I Love Productive Days

Sienna and I have already gotten so much done today. I love these kind of days when I feel like I have actually accomplished something around the house instead of just playing and napping. I am mostly excited about what we have done today because we are able to mark something else off of our to-do list before Sadie comes. We are running out of time to get these things taken care of.
.
Sienna and I ran to Walmart first thing this morning to buy some storage bins/drawers for the baby's clothes. We came home to do 3 loads of laundry and we have also organized all of Sienna's clothes, getting out her newborn outfits for Sadie and putting away what is now too small for Sienna. I am blown away at how small Sienna used to be. She was only 6 lbs 11oz at birth. Looking at her old clothes brought back so many irreplaceable memories and made me so excited to make new ones with her and Sadie. Every outfit seemed to have its own memories that went with it. I am so blessed to have such a beautiful baby girl and I can't believe that we really have another one coming so soon.
.
I am also excited for tonight because it is my first cake decorating class. I have class every Monday night for the next 4 weeks.
.
This weekend we got out Sienna's old car seat to put in the van. Ironically, Sienna loves sitting in it and even wanted to be buckled. I guess she doesn't remember how much she hated this thing when she was younger.
.
Here are some updates to the girls' room. This past weekend Matt hung up some butterflies and a cross-stitch from my mom. We also bought a badly needed fan. We aren't quite done yet. I intend on hanging both of their names above the crib in block letters with ribbons soon as well as hanging up a few more signs/pictures.

Here is their room from the other angle. It fits the bunk beds, crib, dresser, and rocker all comfortably. Too bad there isn't still room for the cuddle bag. I don't know what to do with that thing. I want to keep it but we have no room for it anywhere. Anyone want to borrow a cuddle bag?

Close up of the butterflies that we got in Moab.

We wouldn't have room for another dresser anyway and this works out perfectly.

Here is a close up look of part of the cross stitch my mom made for the girls.

11 comments:

Sharee said...

Even though I just saw it yesterday, it is still SO cute! Good job on organizing, I LOVE doing that. I know, I am a super dork, but what can I say?

Gina said...

I love the butterflies. They add such a delicate touch. Sadie is going to be welcomed with much love.

Liv has enjoyed you and Matt teaching her class. Too bad it's short lived!

Yes, when we get home I will call so we can hang out before your belly explodes. Your funny!

.l i c k t e e s. said...

their room looks super cute! i love getting organized anytime-but it's especially fun before a new baby :) i spent weeks rearranging the house before max came...i can't imagine what it will be like for the next one!

we are so excited to meet little sadie! i can't believe it's going to be here so soon! so fun!

love ya-
reni

Alyssa said...

The room looks great! I seriously can't believe how close your due date is!

Macdonalds said...

Their room is looking great. The butterflies are so cute! I'm glad you are getting things ready, it's time to count down-how crazy!

Kiera said...

That looks so cute!! I still need to come see it in person!! I love productive days!!

climber said...

are you having a baby? okay, just kidding but the pregnant picture of you took me by surprise. i really think you should move to bama so we can see each other more. the room is darling. i'm sure ella calls top bunk when she comes to visit. also, i loved the sunflower cake. so pretty. anyway, talk to you soon.

Valerie said...

Cute room...you guys have been busy. I love the butterflies!

The Nielsons said...

Aww, there bedroom looks so cute and also, how did your cake class go?

Rodriguez said...

Their room looks so cute!Awww..and Matt is so patient building those beds..thats great..What does Sienna think of the new beds?

jamie said...

The cross stitch is so cute! And to be honest normally I am NOT a fan of these...of course the ones my mom has are from like 20+ years ago!