“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Matt!

It was Matt's birthday on Tuesday. We didn't do a whole lot but I think he had a nice day. I actually didn't make him a cake. We are both sick of cake and so I took some chocolate chip cookies into work. This weekend I'll make him his favorite dessert - lemon sour cream pie. Happy birthday, babe. I love you!

I got him 25 different things to celebrate turning 25. It was a lot of fun shopping for him.

I had my last cake decorating class this week and we learned to make roses. I'm glad I got some training on this. The look so much better than the last ones I made. I still need some practice but at least you can tell they're roses this time.

I finally found a rug I love but it was way too small for our living room. I was going to return it but Matt loved it when he got home so it is now in our bedroom. We decided to keep it for our guest room or next house. I bought it on Overstock.com and it was a great deal. Also, when I was going through the process of returning it I didn't have to call them. They had an instant message customer service that I thought was fantastic. I know that is random but I hate spending forever on the phone getting answers so it was so nice being able to do it all via computer and not have to wait for email responses.

This picture is from a few days ago when we went to lunch. When I said it was time to go Sienna decided to climb on the table and play with the salt shaker.



12 comments:

The Nielsons said...

Haha, Sienna is so funny!!

Kiera said...

I like the rug too! Happy Birthday Matt!

Macdonalds said...

Happy Birthday Matt! (I think Andy would take homemade cookies any day over cake.) Those roses look much better. I can't wait to see you! Sadie will come when she is supposed to, I can't wait to see her!

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday Matt! That's a fun idea to do for his birthday - the 25 gifts. :)

And thanks for the reminder of putting Ted's upcoming b-day in my list. :)

brit said...

overstock rules! 1 dollar shipping can't be beat. Also, lovely cake and happy birthday matt!

Jessica Astin said...

Happy Birthday Matt! I didn't know are birthday's where so close together. You are getting so good at cake decorating!

Richard H. Glassford II said...

Happy Birthday Matt! You two are so young.

Sharee said...

That cake is SO cute! Is it small? It looks like a miniature cake to me. I never really found out what the 25 things were that you gave to Matt, you will have to fill me in. The rug looks GREAT! Did they have any in a bigger size on Overstock? It is just so perfect, I would get a bigger size and return it, if it was possible. You can always get a different rug for the other rooms and this one just matches so PERFECTLY.

Kelsey M. said...

You guys are too cute. Sienna is getting so big! What's your due date again? That's so exciting! I usually hear about everything from your mom but it's been a while since we chatted! How are things going?

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday Matt! Cute cake too.

Jared and Jessica said...

Karin your cakes look great! Very impressive! How have you been feeling? I can't believe you are almost due!

Kelsey M. said...

I would LOVE to come down there and go shopping. And see you. Haha. I wish I had the extra money right now! When are you guys coming up next? I'm guessing it won't be for a while since the baby will be here soon right? Well you'll have to let me know! I love you!