I have been so spoiled the past two months with so much family time. Matt had almost the entire month of December off because of how our VISA situation and his new rotation happened. Then after he started, there were a couple of Australian holidays, and of course his every other Friday off. Now that the kids are back in school and gone so long each day and Matt is back to working a normal schedule, I crave the weekends.
This weekend I had a lot that I wanted to get done around the house, but the others all wanted to go to the beach since we haven't been for a whole ten days. I am so glad we went. There is nothing better than watching my people interact and play with each other. We had a great morning getting tossed around by the waves. They were very strong and breaking close to the shore which provided a lot of fun, but also some fear. Sadie's favorite thing is to lay on the beach and a wave will pick her up and carry her anywhere from 5-25 feet depending on how strong they come in. Sienna loves boogie-boarding with Matt. Tanner has gotten very brave and spends a lot of time in the waves too. Abby is fearless which is great but also scares me to death. She has been knocked down and carried away from shore multiple times now. It hasn't phased her one bit or slowed her down, but I refuse to take my eyes off of her for two seconds. I am glad they all love the beach and we have a free and easy way to spend quality time together as a family. These five are my everything. This weekend, I just sat back on the beach (except the one time I had to run in and catch Abby) and watched them all play and do handstands together. I left feeling so blessed for both the beautiful world we live in and my family that has my heart so full. Life is good amazing and I am so grateful for all I have, especially the family Matt and I have been blessed to build together.
(If you look closely at some of the pictures of Matt standing, you can see how huge the waves were getting. He was out swimming and not paying attention for one particular wave. I quickly called to him to turn around just in time for him to see a massive wave knock him flat. I wish I had the camera out. It was so big and powerful and just threw him around. It was quite hilarious.)
(If you look closely at some of the pictures of Matt standing, you can see how huge the waves were getting. He was out swimming and not paying attention for one particular wave. I quickly called to him to turn around just in time for him to see a massive wave knock him flat. I wish I had the camera out. It was so big and powerful and just threw him around. It was quite hilarious.)
No comments:
Post a Comment