I will be gone until the 21st of February doing different things. In this time I probably will not update the blog much if at all but I promise fun pictures when we return. For now, I wish I could write everything that is on my mind but I have become somewhat of a closed book recently. Even if I was willing to share everything, it would be difficult to put such emotions into words. A few thoughts that are occupying a lot of my mind include how grateful I am for my closest friends, how excited I am for the changes we are making to our home (I promise pictures when I get back), and how rewarding it is for me to watch others that I care about do wonderful and amazing things.
A couple lessons I have learned over the past little while are:
1. Give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe we don't always understand why people do the things they do or act the way they act, but they are doing the best they can just like we are. "If we cannot forgive others, we ourselves do not qualify for the Lord's mercy and forgiveness."
2. Loving unconditionally is so rewarding and has made me a happier person. It isn't always easy but it is worth it.
3. I have always tried to be an optimistic person and have found that sincerely putting my trust in the Lord has honestly made me deal with difficult situations much better.
4. It's okay to be happy. "Life is to be enjoyed, not endured."
- President Hinkley
5. Happiness can come from material things but it will wear off and true happiness needs to be found somewhere else.
6. I have learned the difference between sympathizing and empathizing. I am so grateful to have gone through different things in my life so I can truly empathize with others. I too have been blessed with amazing friends that are always there to sympathize and empathize with me.
I came across this quote and fell in love with it."Faith means trust—trust in God's will, trust in His way of doing things, and trust in His timetable."- Dallin H. OaksI really am trying to do things HIS way. I am far from perfect and personally struggle with a lot of things but I am "trying a little harder to be a little better." I am so blessed to have so many wonderful examples in my life that I can look up to and try to be more like. I am surrounded by friends and family that have such amazing talents and gifts that I desire to develop within myself.
6 comments:
Have a safe trip and have fun with your family and friends. I want to see a picture of the cake when you return. btw...you are a good friend and example to me.
This was a very sweet post. You are wonderful.
What?? Feb 23rd? That's forever from now. By the way, I had no idea the Disneyworld song was saying "who's the leader of the club that's made fo r you and me." I always just thought it was saying "dumbeedum" etc. I'm terrible at hearing lyrics :) HAVE FUN!!! I'm so jealous!
hmmm...i got mixed feelings from this post. i hope you are doing okay :)
and of course it's okay to be happy! that's probably my most favorite thing about you...you never get bummed!
wonderful, wonderful post! you're so awesome. also, i can't wait to see pics of your home :) have sooo much fun with all your adventures! love ya
Karin- You are so inspirational! This post helped me see things a little different! You are such a dear, sweet woman, and I am SO glad that you are one of my best friends! I look up to you all the time! I hope you know how much I love you, and how proud I am of things that YOU have accomplished! You are such a wonderful example! Have so much fun on your trip, and give you momma a BIG hug for me!!
Love your guts Kare-Bear!!
Post a Comment