“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Friday, August 28, 2009

CARLY!!

My dear friend Carly drove up from San Antonio to spend a couple days with us. She is one of the sweetest girls I have ever known and I am lucky enough to have her as one of closest friends since the day she was born. Carly grew up in San Antonio and I grew up in Orem but we saw each other at least once a year. Our parents are best friends and we would trade of visiting Texas or having them visit Utah. We have pictures together through every stage of life from infants through adulthood. She even flew up to go to girls camp with me a couple times and was one of my maid of honors. For one Christmas, all I wanted was to visit Carly in Texas and at a party just before Christmas I was surprised with plane tickets. Carly's parents didn't tell her I was coming and she thought she was picking her grandma up from the airport. I still remember her reaction when she saw me walking down the airport hallway and told her that I was there to spend Christmas and a couple weeks with her all by myself. Now Carly and I only live about 4 hours away from each other but between my girls and her nursing school we haven't been able to take advantage of being closer. She recently graduated (CONGRATS CARLY!!) and I am determined to meet up with her more often. My girls must have known that she was a special friend of mine and now Matt's because they warmed up to her immediately. Carly, thanks for coming up. We had so much fun with you and you are more than welcome in our home anytime. We love you so much.
.
Carly painted Sienna's nails. She even let Sienna paint her nails after.
.
Sienna loved Carly and would even say, "No mommy, not you. I want Carly to do it." Sienna and Carly at Chick-fil-A sharing some ice-cream.
.
We took the girls to a bounce house and watched the girls go crazy. The went down the slide what seemed like 100 times.

Getting ready to drop Sadie down the big slide.

Sienna climbing up part of the obstacle course. Sienna doesn't enjoy the obstacle courses or closed areas too much but she LOVES the slides.

The girls going down the slide together. It was hilarious to watch and I am surprised neither of them got injured.

3 comments:

Heather and AD said...

Oh my gosh! That picture of them going down the slide together is too cute! Your girls are absolutely darling!

brit said...

your girls are so beautiful! and you know that slide is our kind of fun!

so are you coming to visit us? my offer still stands :)

Kelsey M. said...

So I totally have always thought that Carly was your cousin! Haha. What a cute girl.
Answers to your questions--
My mom & Sky went down to San Diego for my cousin's mission farewell.
The sleeves on my dress were SUPPOSED to have been fixed but they messed them up even more. They are now starting from scratch and putting on whole new sleeves. It should be nice! I hope... :)