“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Tanner's Birthday Party

We have been talking to Tanner about his birthday party for weeks now. We had originally planned to do something like Lost World or Rockin' Jump, but when it came down to it, December is simply too crazy. I didn't want to ask people to drive 20 minutes away for a party and I don't have the means to transport kids for anyone. I decided to keep things simple and have a party at our house. Tanner could invite all of his friends and share some of his favorite things. We ended up having 16 extra bodies at the house. They came home with us after Tanner's early release. We played with Legos, pinned the nose and mustache on Mario, watched How to Train Your Dragon II, and ate Tanner's favorite things: Pizza, popcorn, and rice-krispy treats. Simple, a bit crazy, and perfect for Tanner. I am grateful for the moms that were willing to bring their kids over and let Tanner feel loved and have his special day. We will probably go to Lost World as a family, but this was the perfect get together with so many of his friends.



No comments: