“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Monday, January 24, 2011

Blessing Day

Yesterday was a perfect day. Matt gave Tanner the most beautiful blessing and the sacrament meeting that followed was wonderful. I was in tears on and off the entire meeting for several reasons. The first thing that brought me to tears was being released from my calling in the YW but it was what happened after that meant so much to me and had my emotions on the surface. The blessing was beautiful. Tanner is such a special little baby and Matt did an incredible job at inviting the spirit. I was so blessed to have so many special people in my life there for the blessing too. Along with Matt's parents, Dana, Bryan, Allie and Crew, we had many of our closest friends including my dear friend and neighbor Sandy and her girls attend. For weeks I have been nervous about the talks given or what Sandy would think of church and just prayed that she could feel the spirit. I couldn't have been more pleased with how yesterday's events went. The speakers were our primary president followed by our new bishop and both talks were incredible. I felt like my prayers had been answered and that our bishop was truly inspired in choosing the speakers and topics for the meeting. Both talks were centered around Christ and his love for us.
.

3 comments:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

so glad you had an awesome day!

although, it makes me super sad that we've never been to one of your baby's blessings! maybe someday, since you're having like half a dozen more :)

Adri Jacob said...

What a special and neat day! You're pictures are adorable, everyone looks so great! :) love you!

Kelsey M. said...

how wonderful! i can't wait for this day for our little guy, i think it'll be soo neat. by the way you are way too sweet to me with your comments. they always make my day. :) love you tons!