“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Saturday, August 28, 2010

This is How I Feel

After a night of no sleep because I spent at it the hospital, I feel like I could crash anywhere and everywhere. Long story short, I had some pain in that gave me cause to believe something could possibly be wrong with Tanner or myself. It wasn't horrible pain but it was constant and long lasting and I felt right about going to get things checked out. After spending 7 hours at the hospital and getting tested for pre-term labor, appendicitis, and potential other problems, everything seemed fine and we finally came home. Most of all, I was able to see that my baby boy was doing great and wasn't in trouble. It was kind of a relief having him on monitors for so long so I could watch his little heart beat like crazy. We got to the hospital around 3am this morning and home about 11. We took a short and broken up nap and that is all the sleep I've had in the last two days... about 3 hours total. I feel great now though minus the complete exhaustion but my fears and worries are gone. I'm glad I went to the hospital because it was all worth the peace of mind knowing my insides weren't going to burst and that Tanner is well. A blessing from Matt and Bryan settled me completely and although the pain isn't gone, I feel great.
.

I put Sadie down for a nap the other day and she opened her bedroom door up, made her a bed in near the hallway, and crashed. It was the cutest thing and I am not objecting as long as she gets some good sleep.

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wow, how scary! I'm glad everything ended up okay!

Stacie+Steve said...

I am also so very glad that everything was ok in the end! Hope you get more sleep soon!

.l i c k t e e s. said...

scary! so happy tanner is okay :) i think the more pregnancies you have the more you feel. i felt a ton more of my body and it's changes and different things with gracie than i did with the boys. i'm really excited to see how different a fourth would be...someday :)

Jacquelyn said...

I totally agree about the peace of mind. Just to know you are ok is worth every bit. I'm so glad nothing is wrong. I hope you have found some sleep since.

Kelsey M. said...

i'm sooo happy you're both okay karin! love you!!