I think this scale is hilarious. My goal is to stay closer to the duck than the pig or cow this time around.

This may sound vain but I intentionally backdated this post so people wouldn't come across it. I don't care if people want to read it but I don't want to offend or upset anyone. I just want to have this as part of my journal for future reference.
Today at the doctor we compared notes from my previous pregnancies. I knew that I gained a little bit of weight before getting pregnant with Sienna and when I conceived her, I weighed about 120. With Sadie, I weighed 110. I delivered both girls weighing in at 152. That is 32 pregnancy pounds with Sienna and 42 with Sadie. I had decided I didn't care what I gained but my goal is to never pass that number. Now I have a different goal. I would LOVE to only gain 25-30lbs this pregnancy. I can tell that my stomach (not my back fat) is smaller this time around than in the past but I wasn't certain. My doctor couldn't look up how much I weighed at 21 weeks with Sienna because I wasn't seeing her at that point but with Sadie, I weighed 130lbs at 20 weeks. Today I am 21 weeks and 3 days and weigh 122 pounds! I was thrilled when I heard that I weigh 8 pounds less and I'm a week and a half farther along. I have only ever gained more than a pound a week once or twice. If I continue to only gain a pound a week or less this pregnancy, I could weigh less than 140 when I deliver. It makes me laugh because I have friends that complain about weighing more than their husbands when they're pregnant but I cannot complain. Matt happens to be a light weight weighing in at 140 soaking wet but more realistically about 135. It would be fun to not out weigh him this time around but I am not counting on it. Who knows, maybe I'll gain 10 pounds this month and end up right at that 152 again. I really have been trying to stay more active this pregnancy and eat healthier. Having two kids helps keep me busier automatically but I have also tried to consciously make an effort to take the stairs versus elevator, eat better, and be more active. I still eat way too much including snacks and goodies but I eat a lot more better food in addition to all of my junk. We'll see in December if I was able to keep this up.
No comments:
Post a Comment