“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Christmas in August!!

We woke up this morning to a BIG package from Grandma Anne and Grandpa Dug waiting for us. The girls saw it arrive yesterday and were so excited to get up this morning and open it up.
.
The girls in their matching undies.
.
Sitting on their surprise before we opened it.
.
Sienna showing off her new Mickey Mouse pillow case and bug catcher that Grandma Anne made for her. Well, she made the pillow case.
.
Sadie got a princess pillow case and she also fell in love with Tanner's trucks. She also got a bug catcher.
.
This is Tanner's pile. He got his first quilt, a puppy dog pillow case, and a box of trucks. My parents also surprised Matt and I with an early Christmas gift, a blender!! Not just any blender but the Vitamix from Costco. My parents are crazy but I am so excited. I have wanted a nice blender (not this nice) for awhile and was going to put that on my Christmas list. Matt is very excited for all of the smoothies to come!
.
My mom is the most amazing quilt maker ever. Just the other day a friend asked if anyone had a cute quilt she could borrow for her daughter's pictures, I took over about 10 handmade gorgeous quilts from my mom.
.
Here is the other side of Tanner's quilt. This is my favorite, I think it is just darling. Another Christmas present my mom is giving me is her old sewing machine. She got a new one and said I could have the used one. She is bringing it down in December when she comes for the baby and is going to help me get on my feet in the sewing world. She was going to teach me while I was in Utah but things were a little crazy.

6 comments:

Macdonalds said...

You are so spoiled by the best mom in the world! That quilt is so adorable! Let me know how you like the blender, I"m looking for a new one, since I wear mine out from lots of smoothies:)

Alyssa said...

Awww, care packages are the best! And how fun to start accumulating things for little Tanner. And I agree that homemade quilts are so special. I love all the blankets my mom has made for my girls. :)

Kelsey M. said...

what a fun surprise!! hey, i'll give you my address if you give me yours :) how's that?

Sharee said...

What a beautiful quilt! You have a wonderful mom. I got those same cars for Kash for his one year birthday. so cute!

erica said...

These quilts are so beautiful! Your mom is super talented!

Jess said...

Christmas care package in July, best idea ever! I love the quilt! Your Mom has been helping me and Heather with sewing, she is a great teacher.