“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Building the Testimony of a Three Year Old

The girls and I went to lunch together today. During our drive we saw several ambulances, firetrucks, and police rushing in the opposite direction. The three of us had a very neat conversation.
.
Sadie: Firetrucks!
Me: There are lots of firetrucks, that is so sad. It looks like someone got hurt.
Sienna: But they're going to help them, right? The firetrucks help people when they get hurt, right mom?
Me: Yes, police and firemen are great people that help others.
Sienna: And Daddy can go give the people a blessing too, right? Daddy went and gave that lady a blessing to help her feel better, right? Daddies can go give ladies blessings when they're hurt to help them too, right?
Me (Blown away): That is right. Blessings are very special and daddies can give people blessings to help them.
.
Just a week or two ago, Matt went to the hospital to give a blessing to the woman he visit teaches. The entire experience was quite amazing. We didn't make a big deal about him leaving and only briefly mentioned that daddy was going to give a lady a blessing that was sick in the hospital. Sunday night we had the missionaries over for dinner and they expanded on the story letting us know about a couple different spiritual experiences the lady had prior to getting to the hospital and how great the entire situation turned out. Even though we had talked about it Sunday night, it was again fairly brief and over dinner. My little three year old is quite observant and intelligent. I am so grateful for a husband that is a worth priesthood holder and can be an example to even our very young children. I am grateful for the opportunity that Sienna was able to witness this at such a young age and begin building her testimony of the Priesthood and the blessings that come from having a father that honors and utilizes it in his every day life.

3 comments:

Sharee said...

What a sweet story!

Macdonalds said...

Those are the best stories!

See you in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loralee said...

This was so special.