“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Friday, January 22, 2010

"PANTIES"

After Sadie's nap yesterday I held up a diaper and some undies and asked which one she wanted to wear. She was so excited and said, "PANTIES." She surprised me and stayed dry all morning. Later in the afternoon I put her in undies again and she had an accident in the toy room but didn't care... I only found out about it because Sienna said, "Mom, I didn't have an accident but I 'kneeled' down and my knee got wet." Sure enough, I went in to find Sadie sitting in a little puddle playing with her toys.
Although I think Sadie will be easy to potty train, I don't think I want to start now. Sienna was potty trained very young and never had accidents when we were out and about and I think Sadie will do well too, but it isn't something I want to worry about right now. Sometimes it is easier to change a diaper than have to take a toddler potty in a gross restroom. I think we'll start after Disney World next month, that sounds like a good plan for the moment.

5 comments:

.l i c k t e e s. said...

i bet you that sadie will be potty trained before max! he's pretty ready, i'm not. although, with boys you do get to skip all gross bathrooms as long as you keep a water bottle with you at all times :)

erica said...

you're going to disney world?? that's SO EXCITING! i'm so jealous! :D quinn says he never wants to go :( so i'll probably end up going with his sister some day which will be just as fun

Anonymous said...

They both crack me up!!! I could hear Sienna telling you about the wet floor. And Sadie just looks so proud of herself in the big girl panties!
PS - two weeks but who's counting? Oh yeah NANA:)

Gina said...

Wow, can you do your magic with Wil? I would love to have him potty trained before the baby comes!

We are doing great, and believe me, I am ever so pregnant. I have already had those wonderful comments on how huge I am, I look like I am due any minute, and more lame comments. I have 8 weeks and CANNOT wait!

Are you all doing well?

Macdonalds said...

I love the undie picture! I'm working on Max and I'm exhausted. He pees every two minutes!