“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Remember this ugly thing?

This cake is my least favorite cake I have ever made. I hated it. Making it wasn't fun and I find it hideous. To refresh your memory, this is a cake of the Brazilian Flag that I made for Matt's co-worker that served his mission in Brazil. So, Thursday Matt called me and said that his same co-worker wanted to order a cake same day and that he wanted another Brazilian Flag for his wife's birthday because she is from Brazil. Matt and I both just started laughing. It was probably not a good idea for me to agree to make a cake the same day because things went crazy. I only had 6 hours to get the cake baked, decorated, and delivered. Seriously, what was I thinking? Well, to make things worse- the first cake I made fell apart and I had to start over. Time is running out on me and I didn't have any supplies to make icing, etc. So, in the middle of everything else going wrong I had to find time to get to the store to buy some powdered sugar and other things to decorate. This would have been 'a piece of cake' a month ago but now I have two kids to run around and Sienna just happened to be sleeping at the time. Okay- long story short with a lot of help from my friend I got it done.
.
This is the first ugly cake.

Here is the second attempt. I think it came out much better but I'm still not in love with it.

Here is the second cake I made this weekend. Our friend Brooklyn had a Curious George birthday party on Saturday that was tons of fun.

Sienna playing with Joci.

Sadie getting ready to go swimming. Don't worry, Sadie didn't get in the pool.

Isn't that a cute face? She really smiles so much. She is laughing at us because we had to speak in church today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are growing up so fast it's amazing. I don't know how you bake with two kids, I can't even do it with one. Your cakes are so cute.

Macdonalds said...

I thought your cakes turned out great! Things are a bit crazier when you have two kids.

I'm glad you survived your talks. I love that last picture of Sadie, she has a bit of Ella in her smile. Hurry up and come out here already!

brit said...

the green on cake 2 looks much more cheerful. sounds like a crazy day.

erica said...

aww i like sadie's little cowlick. i don't know how you have time to bake with two little girls around. you're amazing!