“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Friday, November 02, 2007

Rush Immunotherapy

The day of shots has come and gone. For those who don't know what I am talking about, Matt spent the entire day at the doctor's office yesterday. He had what is called a Rush Immunotherapy done. Basically, he received a shot every half hour and then had to hang out for a few hours. Matt's body was able to take 2 more shots than expected too, which is very good for us. Let's hope this is the beginning of the end for Matt's allergy/sinus problems. What's next for Matt, you ask? Well, he has to go into the doctor twice a week for the next few months to get more shots, and we will also be scheduling his surgery soon. Oh, I failed to mention that Matt's entire body broke out in hives and rashes last night. Benadryl is Matt's best friend right now.
.
Quote of the day from last night's episode of The Office: "The eyes are the groin the the head" -Dwight Shrute
.
We went for a walk this morning. It was a little cooler than usual so Sienna stayed in her cute leggings from grandma. It felt nice to go walking again. It has been awhile.

Sienna loves when you read to her.

She has never showed any favoritism to a stuffed animal until now. She loves her hippo.

Matt wasn't the only one that got tired early last night. It was one of the earliest times we have gone to bed in over a year.

It was so cute how she would cuddle up or rub her face on her hippopotomus.

....and she's out.

5 comments:

Macdonalds said...

Poor Matt! I hope he is feeling better today. I hope that was the hardest part and that it gets better from here. I love Sienna's outfit. What a doll!

"And if we have to defend ourselves, I will stab the security guard in the eye, with the jumbo chalk."

"Then I'll grind up the jumbo chalk and blow it in his eyes."

See you soon!!!

Alyssa said...

I'm glad survived yesterday. Hope he's feeling better today.

.l i c k t e e s. said...

i can't believe that she falls asleep anywhere! she is so dang cute :) we can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks. i keep telling max he needs to start sitting up soon so he can show-off for his cute girl cousins! we'll see what happens!

erin said...

i am pretty partial to that hippo also - sooo cute! elizabeth still has not favored any animal yet - maybe i just need to get her a hippo!! anyways - we are in holladay, right on the border of slc. when do you guys arrive??

Amy Pennington said...

I am so sorry to hear about matt and his allergies. I have had what i thought was horrible allergies and sinus trouble, but it isn't that bad...I hope he feels better soon.