“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Sunday, November 04, 2007

More Friends!

What a wonderful weekend it has been. Friday night we just hung out the three of us and took it easy. Saturday, we played tennis, washed the car (inside and out!), went shopping, and played games with Brooke and Ryan from the ward. It was great seeing the Brownings again. They have a 6 week old girl - Savannah- and so it has been quite some time since we've been able to do something with them. Plus, the girls one for once!
.
Today has been wonderful. Church went really well. There is a new family that moved in and they live in our neighborhood! I am so excited about that because there are only a few families from the ward that live in our development. I am most excited because Licy, the mom, is a stay at home mom of Ariana (2 years old), and Sophia (7 months old... a week older than Sienna). Her husband is in Iraq for work until January and then he'll be home for a month and gone again. He isn't in the military anymore - but can't stay away from Iraq so he took a job doing something very similar to what he did as a Marine. She was actually in the Military too and that is how they met. Anyway, she is really fun and we had them over for dinner. We seemed to have clicked pretty well, pretty quick. I am really hoping that Matt and I can have her family over a lot. She doesn't have any family around and I am sure she would appreciate some adult conversation from time to time! :) I love meeting new people, especially when they are as sweet and fun and Licy and her girls.
.
On the way to church.
.

Kind of a goofy/scary picture of mommy, but Sienna was so happy.

This is Sienna's signature move. She does it all of the time. Mostly, when we read her "SO BIG" book to her, but occasionally she'll just break it out for fun.


This is for you Grandpa Doug. I have tried and tried for over a week to catch Sienna in the act of sniffing. She is constantly doing it but for some reason, I have had the hardest time catching it on camera. This isn't the best picture because she looks angry, but really she is just sniffing. I did that to my dad when I was a baby.

She still loves taking baths.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Loving the sniff--what a cute girl!

Macdonalds said...

Wait a minute...now who's getting skinny? You look great Karin! Glad you caught the "sniff" on camera. Sienna has the cutest personality! I'm glad you had a good weekend! Just a few more days!!!

Anonymous said...

i am IN LOVE with sienna and her little pink shoes! she looks darling and we can't wait to see her again. i heard you got your stockings? you'll have to tell me which ones! the holidays are so exciting and we are so glad you are coming soon!
love ya-
reni

jamie said...

We have to go play tennis soon!

jamie said...

Don't worry I have only been playing like three months now!

Valerie said...

I'm glad you are getting to know some of the new sisters in the ward...I feel bad...so many have moved in that it's hard to get to know them all :( Licy is lucky to have you guys as friends.

Alyssa said...

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you! I would love that recipe and yes we need to get together soon. :) I hope you have fun with Em...she's coming this week, right?