(This picture is from a couple years ago but it is a very favorite of mine of the two of us.)
If there is anyone that has seen the good and bad, the happy and sad, the funny and obnoxious, the loud and louder, the acceptable and inappropriate and everything else in between that makes up who I am... it is Jamie. She has known me and been my best friend longer than anyone else and has easily spent the most time with me over the years and somehow I've managed to keep her coming back. If I look back at the most memorable or favorite moments of my life, Jamie has been at nearly all of them. We experienced grade school, junior high, high school, band, young women's, girls camp, softball, basketball, sport camps, tournaments, European travels, sleepovers, and thousands of times hanging out over the years. Jamie was there when I got married. Jamie has come out to visit me when I had my babies. Jamie has always been among the first to know anything about me. Jamie has always been there for me and now she is there for my kids. My parents introduce Jamie as their daughter. Jamie was the missionary I was most faithful in writing. Jamie remains one of the strongest examples in my life of how to live and how to be live the Savior. Jamie is real. Jamie does not change who she is or how she acts depending on who is in the room. She is constant. She is beautiful. She is fun. I am grateful to have such an amazing friend and support in my life. She has come to my rescue more than a few (hundred) times when faced with different challenges and continues to come to the rescue of me and my family. I have been extremely blessed to have such an amazing friend for the better part of my life and am so very grateful for the opportunity to be living close to her again. I always dreamed of raising our families together and it means everything to me that Matt and Jamie have such a good relationship and the kids know Jamie as well as they do and that she has had a big influence in their lives.
This might seem random but I have been reminded so much lately at how much Jamie has and still does for me. I honestly wouldn't be nearly the person I am without her influence in my life. Love you, Jamie!!

3 comments:
such a sweet and lovely post. and so true! jamie is the best. :)
Love this! So sweet. :)
Jamie is amazing! What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful friend. It takes a wonderful friend to have one!
Post a Comment