“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Sunday, September 09, 2012

T's Breakfast Routine

One of my favorite routines right now is getting breakfast for Tanner in the morning.  Nearly every morning, the first word Tanner says is, "EAT!"  He gets so excited and dances around when we acknowledge what he wants.

"Tanner, what would you like to eat?"
"Cereal"
"This one?"
"No"
"This one?"
"No"
"What would you like?"
"Mini-Wheats"


After Tanner tells us what kind of cereal he wants he immediately says, "MILK" until we get the milk out of the fridge.  Then he runs over and opens the drawer and yells, "SPOON" and gets out a spoon.  We put him in his seat and he eats a full bowl of cereal and then picks up the bowl and drinks the milk.  It is such a fun way to start the morning.  He mastered his fine motor skills of feeding himself over the summer in Washington.  I am still amazed at how well he operates a spoon.

No comments: