“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Sadie's First Day of Preschool

Sadie's first day of BYU preschool was the day after Labor Day.  I was a little nervous but it was all for nothing.  Sadie loved school and even said, "Mommy, this is going to be funner than Sienna and Max because I have a sandbox and playground."
  Her head teacher is Mrs. Dorie and there are a couple of student teachers that help out.  It is a really neat program and the first week was spent mostly getting to know the classroom and different discovery stations.  The teachers keep very good track of everything they do in class and periodically send me emails of what Sadie is up to during the day.  They also have an observation room that you can visit at anytime and watch and listen to what is going on in class without them knowing. 


Our little Sadie Pie on her first day of school. 


Our beautiful girls on their way to school.


SILLY FACES! 


Sadie's playground.


Sadie and Mrs. Dorie


I went early to pick Sadie up so I could watch her in the observation room but they were outside playing when I showed up.  I thought it was fun that she was playing with her good friend, Kyla even though they aren't in the same class.


Tanner watching Sadie in the observation room.


The picture is kind of blurry because it is taken through a one way mirror.  Sadie gets snack time at the end of every class and she was so excited when she came home to tell us that she was able to pour her very own water and open her own fruit snacks.  Her second day of school she got to dish up her own pears and crackers and then biscuits and jam on the third day.  She loves that they encourage her to dish her food herself.  I am so glad Sadie is enjoying preschool.  I cannot get over the fact that my girls are school age.  They're growing up too fast and now I'll be taking kids to school every day for the next 20+ years. CRAZY!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love Miss Dorie! She is a friend of mine and was Spencer's pre-school teacher!