Back in May I was debating back and forth about going to Utah and even made plans to fly a friend down to help drive me there in July. Everytime I went online to book her ticket, it just didn't feel right so I canceled our original plans. The pressure of wanting and feeling like I needed to go to Utah wouldn't leave me alone. There was a lot going on that I wanted to be there for so one Sunday morning I text Kiera and said, "I'm going to Utah after church tonight if you want to come. Don't give me too long to think about it or I'll back out again." Kiera and I had already talked about this a week prior and decided we were crazy to drive while she was 7 months pregnant and with four kids. However, I sent the text and at church we decided we wanted to go. Our church ends at 4:30 and we're home around 5:00. Kiera and her kids were at my house at 7:00pm and we took off. About 5 hours into the drive we ran into a horrible storm, hail and all. Thank goodness we made it through without any problems and we stopped at a hotel for the night. We drove the remaining 13 hours the next day and arrived in Utah about 9:00pm May 17th. All things considered the drive went incredibly well. The kids did wonderful and we made great timing. The hardest part of the drive for me was when we got to Utah, I had to drive right past my dad's shop and parents' house to drop Kiera off in SLC but I decided I would drive to Matt's family's house the first night and surprise them first. It was great seeing all of their reactions because none of them knew we were coming. Here are a few pictures from our drive.
.
All loaded up ready for the drive.
We all crashed at the hotel.
.
Snuggling with my girl Sienna.
.
Happy girl!
.
Stretching out in the car.
.
Potty break. Yep, Sadie decided to potty train on the drive there and stayed drive the entire 20 hours!!
4 comments:
I need some of these pictures. I didn't get very many on our drive. Can you email them to me? It was fun to drive together. I am glad it went so well too.
Awesome to surprise your families with a visit! And I'm still amazed you guys braved that drive with 4 kiddos!
:) i am so glad you decided to come even though we couldn't do it in july. i hope you're feeling well and that the baby is too! miss you!!
I can't believe you just went! How fun! Your mom and dad must have been so surprised!
Post a Comment