“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Monday, September 28, 2009

Touch a Truck

Matt and I went on a date Friday night, always a perfect way to start off any weekend. We went to a BBQ place we've never tried and loved it. We got a babysitter for the girls but were only gone about an hour and a half so Matt would have some time to spend with the girls before they went to bed. Saturday we went to Touch a Truck which was a fundraiser for the Princess Alexa foundation. Alexa is the little girl that passed away from cancer in our ward a year and a half ago. It was held at a local high school and had a lot of different trucks and things for kids to sit in and honk the horns, etc. They even had the red truck from Twilight but being the fanatic I am, I didn't take any pictures of it. Em, I'll read the book eventually.
.
The girls got to say hi to the princesses.

The girls were about as tall as the tire was thick on the tractor.

Sienna climbed up and got to honk the horn on the BIG tractor. She thought it was so neat.

She's so tiny in this huge machine.

When we're not out running around the girls are usually inside building towers. They are both getting pretty good it too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! They are getting big and then I see them next to or in the huge trucks and think they are tiny!!!! Love them and love you.
Andrea

Macdonalds said...

What a great fundraiser! How fun for the girls! Karin, we don't have to love all the same things to be best friends you know.

Tammy said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment the other day, that really meant a lot to me. You are honestly one of the sweetest people I know.

I am so glad your girls liked Touch a Truck, thanks for supporting the foundation. Thanks for telling me Cinderella's comment too, I'm goign to tell Natalie and she will LOVE that.

Your cake decorating skills are awesome. I've always wanted to take a class too. You are great!