“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Saturday, September 05, 2009

SAS Sisters (Sienna Anne Shumway & Sadie Adrianne Shumway)

Matt is going to the BYU vs OU game tonight at the new Cowboy Stadium so we decided to go out to breakfast as a family. We decided to join the elderly at Cracker Barrel for some good home cooking. Our waitress came to take our orders and Matt said, "I'll have the apple french toast meal with bacon" and then was cut off by Sienna with, "and I'll have chicken and french fries WITH bacon." We all started to laugh and Sienna ate lots of bacon.
.
Sadie is learning to communicate pretty well too. She has a handful of words that she knows but she mostly points and nods. This morning she was nudging Matt into the kitchen and pointing to the fridge. He opened it and asked if she wanted some watermelon. She nodded her head no and pointed to her milk. When her milk was all gone, she shook her cup at us while making a somewhat grunting noise until we got her more. She understands most everything we say to her and is learning how to respond better every day. Her favorite words right now are, "bear, juice, pow, moo (when we ask her what a cow says), ruff ruff (for a dog), and kitty." She can also sing Row Your Boat and give you pow.
.
Another one of my favorite things that Sienna does is say the most random or silly things. When we ask her what she said she'll respond almost embarrassed or shyly, "I don't know." Lately, Sienna has been making up words and also throwing church lingo around. The other day we were all sitting around and I don't remember exactly what Sienna was saying but she was telling us something and then said, "and the Holy Spirit." Matt and I were boggled and couldn't think of where she came up with that term. We have talked to her about the Holy Ghost but never referred to it as the Holy Spirit with her. Later we realized that she sings, "I Love to See the Temple" and in it is the line, "to feel the Holy Spirit...." A few days later the girls and I were playing and Sienna was reading a book and shouts, "I love my Book of Mormon." I told her that she was reading Mary Had a Little Lamb but she insisted it was her Book of Mormon.
.
My girls are angels sent from Heaven. I love spending time with them and goofing around together. Even though they are the SAS sisters and come full of attitude and have their moments, they are so very special and full of love. Both of them love to snuggle and give hugs and kisses. Sienna since she was born has had such a loving personality. She truly cares about others and gets sad when they're sad. One of my favorite things that Sienna has done since she was very young is randomly she'll make eye-contact with me and as soon as she notices that she's caught my attention, she'll say, "hi mom" in a very sweet and soft voice then she'll either blow me a kiss or tell me that she loves me. She does it to Matt too. Sadie also randomly gives kisses. I'll be sitting down or laying on the floor and she'll come lay on top of me and give me a big loud, "mwwwwwwwwwwwa!" I know that my girls are here at this time for a reason and have wonderful things ahead of them. I am so grateful, blessed, and humbled to be given the opportunity to raise these special Daughters of our Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

so cute karin. we are so blessed to raise little girls at this time.

Kelsey M. said...

Your girls are the sweetest. And I love cracker barell.