Many thanks to Uncle Bryan for coming and hanging out with the girls today so I could go to my final cake decorating class. Matt is in Utah doing some recruiting and Bryan was nice enough to come over right after work to help me out. He is awesome! Tonight's session was the main reason I signed up to do this course and I am so happy I did. Here are some pictures of the final product. I am calling this our wedding cake since we chose not to have one at our wedding reception.
.

My cake is the one on the right with the pillars and the smaller cake in the back is my top tier. I decided not to use fondant because I don't like the taste of it even though it is smooth and beautiful. I had my buttercream very smooth, and I thought it was the best looking job I have ever done but you could see the cake through it and it was bothering me. Right before class I added another coat of icing to cover up the cake showing through and didn't have time to smooth it completely before class.

Lilies and Petunias that I learned to make last week. You have to make these a few days prior to baking the cake to give them time to set up and dry completely.

Assembling the first tier.

The final product! I love it. I am so happy with how it turned out and everything I learned.

I couldn't stop grinning. I am really excited to take it in to work tomorrow and eat some too. The girls are I are going to meet Matt at work for some cake after his flight gets in from Utah. This is a pound cake with almond buttercream icing. It smells divine.
5 comments:
Awesome karin. way to go. It looks great!
That looks amazing! Seriously, you do such a good job!
I am BEYOND impressed!!! How in the world did you make those flowers?!
Congratulations! I bet it tasted as good as it looks!
Oh my word- that is awesome! Good job!
Post a Comment