“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Big Baby

***I just have to respond to all of your comments, they made me laugh. I know doctors are always wrong on guessing the weight but my doctor estimated Sienna's weight the day I went into labor and was right on. I think I'll be okay with a bigger baby and if she is, I'm hoping that nursing and sleeping will come a lot more natural for both of us. I am enjoying having my special Sienna time too, we went shopping and to lunch today!***
.
The main reason I have wanted to have Sadie early is so I could deliver another small baby. Too late for that. The doctor told me today that she probably weighs about 7 lbs right now. I know that isn't a big baby but Sienna only weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was one week early. I still have 2.5 weeks until my due date and Sadie already weighs 7 pounds. I am the exact same size to the pound that I was with Sienna at this point in my pregnancy. Now all I can think about is how big this baby is going to be. I am still only dilated to a 1 so we'll see how much longer we have until we are parents of two. The baby is healthy, I am healthy, so why did I come home a little down? I guess I am the big baby today.
.
Although I am pathetic and sad that I haven't progressed any further, tonight should be a lot of fun. Matt won a competition at work last month so his boss is taking us to Silver Fox for dinner. It is one of those delicious steak houses that we would very rarely pay to eat at ourselves. Thanks TWG! I love steak.

9 comments:

Richard H. Glassford II said...

Try to enjoy these last days before you give birth! Life gets so much more complicated with 2 children, enjoy your alone time with Sienna. You are going to love having your new baby soon enough, just be patient and stay happy!! :)
Love and miss you,
Aunt Lynne

Hailey said...

GREAT is the right word. (Now you can really say you are Karin the Great!) The Home Depot dork should have said, "You look Great!" And left it at that. Dorkassociate might have even come across as clever.

At the end of a pregnancy my friend Holly got up, got dressed, did her hair and some makeup looked in the mirror and declared, "Holly, you are a Goddess!" I love that!

Huge is going into a maternity store and not fitting into ANYTHING. (My true story.) I wore the same favorite and lovely rayon dress for months. Found out the midwifes used to refer to me as the "lady in that dress." Ugh.

A former boyfriend's former girlfriend patted my "tummy" once. UGH! I patted her flat tummy right back! Should've to dope slapped her.

Ditto everything your wonderful Aunt Lynne said, especially, "Love and miss you,"
xxooxx
Aunt Hailey

Alyssa said...

Try not to worry about likely having a big baby. :) I LOVED that Jessie was a big baby (especially once I recovered from the birth) and I actually want all of mine to be at least 8 pounds! Good luck with these last few days/weeks.

See you tonight!

brit said...

Let's go Karin, let's go! yeah! hang in there! and you are definately dad's favorite if you are cleaning the van to prepare for labor. love ya!

Anonymous said...

stop worrying about it! i will be shocked if sadie is more than 7 pounds even. i had a doctor tell me at 37 weeks that max weighed 5 1/2 to 6 pounds, and then the next week a different doctor told me he probably weighed 7 1/2 to 8 pounds. they were both wrong. she wont be big. and like lynne said, enjoy your time with just sienna. it's the greatest and most heartbreaking thing to bring home a new baby :) so give sienna lots of loves from us!

love ya-
reni

Carie Ann Wall said...

The doctors usually wrong! Sometimes their off by a pound, so dont freat! I know it's hard the last part. Everyone tells you to enjoy....enjoy what being round and miserable. Hang in there. You are almost there. If your not busy next week, lets go out for ice cream!

Aubrey said...

Big babies aren't all bad. Ty was 9lb 2oz and a great eater and mostly happy. I contribute all to his big size, good luck!

Brandon and Amber said...

I think big babies are so fun! Granted, I've never had to push them out, so maybe I would think differently if my kids came out that way! Oh and by the way, I swear my stomach looks like yours right now, except that I still have 4 months left. I'd love to run into that Home Depot guy and see what he would say to me! Can't wait to see pictures of Sadie!

Kelsey M. said...

YES Karin you need to read the Twilight books! The 4th one comes out in a few weeks! And the movie comes out in December. I am not a reader AT ALL and then Logan and all my friends made me read the books and I became a huge fan. I know it sounds weird...vampires and stuff...but it's amazing how she like connects it with real life, I dunno how to explain it but they are amazing and I definitely reccommend them. You get through them really fast because you just need to know what happens next and they're an easy read! Do it while you still have time! haha. Love ya!