.
Did I mention that my mom arrived to the hospital 14 minutes after delivery? Kiera dropped her off at the hospital straight from the airport and she walked up to the room right as they were cleaning Sadie and stitching me up. Talk about perfect timing.
Daddy and his girls. Sienna is so uncomfortable around doctors and it took her a little while to warm up to being at the hospital. She got to spend the past couple days at home with grandma.
Beautiful Sadie. She really looks like a chubbier version of Sienna.
Look at that hair. She looks so much like Sienna did as a baby but with very dark hair and much more of it. Sadie also has very long fingernails and has managed to scrape up her face a little bit. Sadie is an amazing eater and has nursed so well. We are so happy to be home. We were ready to go yesterday morning but our pediatrician likes the babies to stay at least 36 hours which was midnight so we had to stay until this morning. We all got up early this morning to get showered and ready to come home. Although we were ready we had to hang out for a few hours until my doctor came in and released me. We had such a beautiful experience at the hospital. Labor and delivery went so well and Sadie is extremely healthy. We were even able to sneak Sienna over to the other side of the hospital to see Jamie with the help of a nurse over riding the alarms Sadie would set off with her wrist band. Now we are home together with Sienna and grandma. It's all been puppies and rainbows!
This is Sienna at the hosptial. They do have a lot of similarities. Sienna's hair was and still is a very dark auburn red color when Sadie's is black. Sadie is also a full pound heavier than Sienna and they have different noses.
Matt and I are so blessed and grateful for our family. We wanted to thank everyone that has helped us out. Especially grandma for making perfect timing for the second year in a row and James and Kiera for watching Sienna and helping my mom get to us at the hospital. We can't wait to see the rest of our family and friends.
23 comments:
Karin and Matt-
She is BEAUTIFUL!! Nicely done! I am glad everything went SO well! I am also happy to hear that you are already home and everyone is healthy! I still cannot believe you have 2 girls!! That’s so CRAZY to me! I guess it's time I get a move on it huh? Your girls need more little friends!! I love you all so much! All my love (and the Beasley family) from Utah!
~Jac
YAY! What a gorgeous little girl! I love her dark hair too. I'm glad things went so well,no spinal headache. I almost didn't believe you when you called because you sounded so energetic and happy, it was night and day different. Your mom is incredible with her timing. I bet Sienna is loving her grandma time.
A wonderful husband and two beautiful girls, that's something to cherish. I'll be seeing you in a week!!! I can't wait! Congrats!
Oh my goodness Karin (and Matt!) - she is BEAUTIFUL! That is way more dark hair than I was imagining. I LOVE IT! Also, YOU look beautiful too (Karin mostly, but you too Matt)! You took some great hospital pics, man I HATED mine. I can't wait to meet the newest addition! She is probably so tiny I cannot even imagine it.
Congratulations Karin and Matt!! You have a wonderful little family. I am so glad your deliver went smoothly. Next time don't worry about the lawn..... that can wait. Ha! Welcome to Earth Sadie Adrianne.
Enjoy your beautiful young children. Our little Rachel is leaving for college in two weeks.
Rich
Congratulations! I am SO glad everything went well with the delivery and hardly had to push! If only every pregnancy could be that easy! We are so excited for your family. I was checking your blog so frequently, because I wanted to see pictures!! Thanks!
Sure love ya!
I'm so excited for you two! I called Matt right after getting his text and emailed him too. I'm glad she's here and everyone's healthy. I don't know what a spinal headache is but it sounds bad and I'm glad you don't have it. She is absolutely beautiful! Where did the black hair come from? I vote that the next kid be a blond to match Karin, haha. Congrats again! Oh, and I was going to ask you for some wedding planning advice when you get a chance and have fully recovered. My email is Erica.Joyce.Wang@gmail.com since I don't think I have yours. Thanks Karin!
~Erica
Congratulations! She is beautiful! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well! Love you guys!
-Logan
Those are great pictures! Sadie is beautiful!!! I am so happy for you guys. And I'm really glad your mom's timing was so perfect! Congrats you guys! I can't wait to come see your beautiful baby girl.
What a SWEET/BEAUTIFUL baby girl!!! Karin, I forgot to tell you that you look SO GREAT!! I can't even believe you just had a little one bust out of you!
Congrats! She is so cute! I am glad you guys are all home and doing well! Sorry I haven't called. James is leaving me his phone tomorrow, so I will give you call then.
Yea!!!!! Sadie is absolutley beautiful. Can I tell you that I am jealous? I wish I had my baby to hold and snuggle already. Congrats! Keep the pictures coming!
Good job Shumways. Sadie is a doll. You guys are great baby makers! :)
Glad your experience was a pleasant one. She's absolutely beautiful! Congrats!
She's beautiful!! Congratulations. I'm so glad to hear that everything went so smoothly, what a wonderful blessing!
I am so excited for you!! What a great story. I am so glad you had a good experience. She's beautiful.
Life is GTs and Shelbys. It is great. I am grateful for my awsome children and their spouces. I love you all esp. my beautiful wife Annie. Love Dougie
YAY!! It almost makes me want to do it again. Almost.
She is beautiful and Karin nice hospital pics. I looked all swollen and yuck in mine. You look amazing!
Hip Hip Hooooooray! Congratulations!
Sadie and Sienna are dolls!
Seems that the ShUmWaYs can take everything is stride... Hummm, think I'll have a baby today. :) It is especially great that you didn't have the spinal headache. Sounds terrible.
Love the picture of Matt & QTpieS!
Hello to your Mom!
YEAH! Congratz all around. The pictures are awesome. We are excited to see Sadie and her big sis. post more soon.
love ya!
Karin,
Congratulations!! you look great...and the baby is gorgeous! just like Sienna. I'm hoping now that my second birth can be as spectacular as yours! I'm 21 weeks pregnant of my second son...haha..yep another boy!
Anyway...congrats!!
Love
Lily
Congrats and a good size for a baby! We'll keep checking the blog for updates.
she is beautiful you guys! karin you look great too! we hope to see you all soon!
Congrats!!! She is beautiful:) Your two darling little girls are precious. HOpe recovery goes well.
Post a Comment