“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

More Please

What a fun few days we've had. We haven't done much but it has been nice. Monday night a few girls kidnapped Kiera for her birthday and we went to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate her birthday. What an interesting night to say the least. It's always nice to have a girls' night out.
.
Matt and I have started getting things ready for Sadie to join our family. I can't believe that there are only about 2 months left. I feel like I have a ton to do before she comes. I am very proud of myself though. I wanted to buy bunk beds for the girls. We're planning on having Sienna sleep on the bottom bunk until Sadie needs a bed and then we'll separate the bunks or put Sienna on top if she is ready. The reason I am proud of myself is that I bought some bunk beds for under 200$ when the ones I really wanted were $1300. I also decided that I didn't need to spend hundreds of dollars at Pottery Barn on bedding for the girls. Instead of $70 dollars for a duvet (which I would need 2 of and they don't even include the stupid comforters) plus however much it would cost for the sheets, etc... I bought 2 of those beds in a bag for the girls that were $60 each at Target. They came with a comforter. sheets, pillowcase, and a sham. No, I don't think they are as cute as what I wanted from Pottery Barn but they are still cute. Sorry to ramble on about prices but I am happy that I saved close to $1500 just by swallowing some pride. Matt wouldn't have allowed me to spend that kind of money on sheets anyway but still, I didn't ask and that is a bonus!
Speaking of bunk beds, they just arrived at the door. We'll have pictures as soon as they are set up. That'll probably have to wait until next week because Matt is going to Cancun for his annual work retreat tomorrow. I hate being home alone but I am really excited for him, it should be a ton of fun.
Sienna and Matt playing the other night.

They had a daddy-daughter day in while I went out with my friends for Kiera's birthday. Really, they both just went to bed.

She is getting SO big.

Sienna and I went to get an oil change on our van today. I bought her some skittles but I guess it wasn't enough. After they were all gone she went and was playing with the machine. She actually got a few more to come out. It was pretty funny.

"More Please!"

5 comments:

jamie said...

hey it looks like i'm taking the boys into work early tomorrow instead of my usual 9--let me know if Matt wants a ride there or back from the airport. We have the later flight back though- like 7:30ish?

Macdonalds said...

I'm glad you were able to have a night out with the girls! Sounds like fun. I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone. I am impressed with your bargain shopping too! I bet the bunkbeds will be adorable!

Brandon and Amber said...

I didn't know you are naming your baby Sadie! That is what we are planning on naming our next little girl if we get one. Things could change though, you never know!

You sound a lot like me in planning for your girls. We also have bunk beds that come apart, but I think Samantha is still too small to sleep on the top and I'm keeping Amy in the crib for a while longer. But, I did fork out the $$$ for a quilt from Pottery Barn Kids for Samantha's bed because I couldn't find ANYTHING else I liked. Oh well! Can't wait to see pictures of what you got!

Anonymous said...

how on earth did you find bunk beds for under $200? have you been getting bargain tips from kyle's mom :) put some pictures up soon! and i'm glad you found bedding that you liked that didn't cost you a ton! it's so fun to have two of the same kiddies together! i can't wait to re-do the boys room!

love you guys!
reni

Sharee said...

I just can't wait to see your new beds and bedding - we should get together this week and then I'll be able to see them.