“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Saturday, May 10, 2008

First Ice Cream Cone

Sienna and I have been having a lot of fun together while Matt has been in Cancun. We wish we could talk to him, but we'll see him tomorrow. Today, Sienna and I went to the park so she could enjoy her very first ice cream cone. She has had plenty of ice cream in the past, just not in a cone. It was a lot of fun watching her try to figure things out.

She didn't know exactly what it was at first.

It didn't take her long to dig in but it did take her awhile to grasp the concept of licking the ice cream.

YUMMY

She really started to enjoy herself.

Sienna was yelling, "no, no, no" to the ice cream melting. It was hilarious. That's just what happens to ice cream when it is hotter than 90 degrees outside.

Sharing her cone with mommy.

She finally got it!

This was the funnest two dollars I have spent in a long time.

We had to come home and clean up. Sienna has taken so many baths this weekend.

She loves playing with her sponge letters.

Love ya grandma!

This was a Mother's Day surprise from Matt and Sienna.

He got me a beautiful silver bracelet and silver earrings from James Avery. What a sweetheart! He made me open it Wednesday night since he won't be home until later tomorrow. I love them.

3 comments:

Macdonalds said...

That looks like a lot of fun, except for the ninety plus degree weather. Matt did a great job for Mother's day. Those are beautiful! You can never have too many baths in my opinion.

Emily R said...

NICE!!! you cant beat a little one digging into an ice cream cone. you are good to let her get all messy...
happy mother's day - the jewelry is BEAUTIMUS!

The Nielsons said...

Aww, I can't wait until Izzy is that age! I loved the ice cream pics!