“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Saturday, September 10, 2016

SOCCER SATURDAYS

We signed up for soccer on February 2nd. It has been a long anticipated wait, but it was sooo worth it. Tanner had his first game this morning and the girls play this afternoon. Tanner did awesome and scored several goals. His team is full of his classmates and they were such a riot to watch.
...
Tanner played hard. He had fun. He didn't throw a fit. He even scored some goals. The last is just a bonus.
...
My heart is still racing. We showed up to the field for the girls' game and I was in shock. Their field is HUGE. These girls ran their guts out for an hour in the heat. The highlight for me was towards the end of the game, the Wildcats were coming down the field with the ball. Sienna was dribbling a bit and then kicked it to Sadie who then kicked it in for a goal. I went crazy (ask my dad, he was on the phone). It was one of the coolest moments seeing my girls work together and succeed. The Wildcats won 3-2 and Sadie scored two of those goals
... 
I was thrilled the girls were on the same team, but also a little worried. I didn't want them comparing skills and getting upset. To be honest, I was worried Sadie would have a hard time keeping up with Sienna. I've been wasting my time worrying. They are such a great support to each other and celebrate each others' successes and pick each other up after upsets.
It's so fun seeing Sienna back on the field and I love that her sister is right there with her this time. I am so sad Matt missed their first games, but I know it's killing him even more. I have a feeling we are going to love our Soccer Saturdays for the next several weeks.
...



















No comments: