“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Tanner

Tanner is a pretty typical three year old boy right now which means our patience runs thin at times. As crazy as he is or as difficult as he can be, overall he is a sweetie. He is my most snuggly kid and loves to cuddle with me. He also says the sweetest things like, "Mommy, I don't like when you're mad at me. It breaks my heart" or "Mommy, you're my best friend and daddy is my best friend and my girls are my best friends." He hates getting in trouble and often says, "please don't spank my bum." Admittedly, he has him moments that push all of my buttons, but it doesn't take me long to forget about his naughty side. He makes me smile and laugh way more often then he makes me scream. He is hilarious, sweet, and as smart as ever. I am so impressed with my handsome little guy and love our time together. I love how much he longs to be with his sisters too. Last night, he was upset with me after I overreacted when he accidentally hurt me, and he took comfort in his big sister's arms. He practically fell asleep on Sienna's lap as we read scriptures and she did soft to him.

One of my favorite things right now is "Pirate Juice." Tanner used to hate lotion and would get upset when I would put it on him. He invented a game called "Pirates and Mummies" and loves chasing each other around pretending he is a pirate and I am a mummy. One day, I told him lotion would help him run faster and he quickly named it "Pirate Juice." Instead of screaming, he is constantly asking for more "Pirate Juice,"








No comments: