I'll admit, I was a little bit mopey Monday after Matt had left for Houston. I am ridiculously attached to him and hate when he is away. Usually, it isn't anything more than me just wishing he was home but for some reason, I was really sad about this trip. I didn't know it until he left Sunday night and I couldn't say goodbye without tearing up. That might not seem weird for me because I can be emotional (even though I am getting much better at containing it with goodbyes) but this was weird. I typically wouldn't cry when Matt leaves for 48 hours but I did. Anyway, Monday came around and the kids didn't have school. We were hanging out and taking it easy when the doorbell rang about five times. My first thought was that Matt was surprising me and coming home early because I knew how upset he was to miss my birthday the next day, but then I quickly told myself that it was realistic and not possible. I went to get the door and had to take a second look to see that it was JAMIE! I had talked to her the night before and texted her the morning of about her trying to make fun plans for her birthday (6 days after mine). She decided last second, with the help of her friend's skymiles, to come stay with us for a week. It was such a fun surprise and we have had such a great week of eating out, staying up late, sleeping in (for some of us), successfully shopping for new clothes, and much more. Did I say eating? The kids have told me multiple times that she didn't just come for me and they're her friends too.
2 years ago
1 comment:
What a fun surprise and what a great friend!!
Post a Comment