“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Thursday, March 14, 2013

"One in a Million"

Check out the "One in a Million" videos on LDS.org if you haven't already. I love them. The kids put a smile on my face and a peaceful feeling in my heart. The video that I was talking about in my post below was the video from a young boy named Addison that has spent time living in Vietnam with his family. I loved his testimony and it made me look forward the the chances my kids will have to share their testimonies with others that have possibly never heard of Jesus or His gospel.

My heart has been so heavy lately as I have seen the workings and influence of Satan destroy and hurt many families around me. I have been so worried and scared about raising my children in an increasingly evil world and felt so much pressure to keep them safe and protected and teach them while they're young to have a testimony in our Savior. I feel additional pressure to keep my marriage safe and clean of evil. These thoughts have been overwhelming to me lately and have started to weigh me down but then I pulled up these videos on LDS.org and so much of that weight was lifted as I felt the spirit from these children's testimonies. This was one of my favorite videos that the kids and I watched because it is an experience similar to what my kids will possibly have in the next few years as we move internationally. It's amazing how down and low I can feel so quickly when I let my thoughts be consumed by the evil surrounding us but even more amazing how comforted and at peace I can be in the middle of such sadness by searching out the spirit and finding comfort in the atonement and testimony of our Heavenly Father's love and plan for all of us.

1 comment:

Macdonalds said...

Those little ones have some of the biggest testimonies!