“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Monday, July 14, 2014

Stampede

We decided that we wanted to stay in Calgary over the 4TH so we could experience the Stampede. I think if we lived here long term, it is not something we would stress about doing annually, but since it is most likely our only summer here, we wanted to figure out what it is all about. Our Bishop and his wife took us with them last weekend for Bishop (Jared's) work dinner and the Chuck Wagon races. That was mine and Matt's first date since living here in four months. It was a great time. We really enjoy be around Jared and Alexa.
The next week, the girls were involved in a swim camp every day from 9-12, and the pool they used was across the street from the Stampede. So, Monday after their first lessons/camp, I decided to surprise them and we walked over and spent a few hours playing games, walking around, eating treats, and ended at the Super Dog show. The kids were so well behaved. I was shocked at how well it went taking them alone. They won some huge prizes and everyone loved watching the dogs do their tricks.
Matt and I went back for Chevron's work night and Grand Stand show this past Saturday. It was a lot of fun again. We did one ride together which was the giant swings and we both had fun doing that. We placed our own little bets on the Chuck Wagons to make it more interesting, and then watched the show and grabbed a treat. It was a lot of fun being out with Matt again. I love our time together. The Stampede is not my favorite place to go though. I was mortified by the amount of filth and lack of clothes or maturity. It was so sad to me to see so many people acting and dressing so grossly. I had even seen a sign earlier that week that said, "It's still cheating even if you're stampeding." That gives you a pretty good idea of the attitude of so many at the Stampede. Highest divorce rate this week, and nine months later there is a huge baby boom. Sad. Gross. Wrong.
 Overall, we had a great night though, and I was reminded what an incredible guy I married. I am so grateful for the man he is and all he does to support and protect our family and marriage.

































No comments: