“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Canada Day

Matt had today off since it is Canada Day. We decided to head to Banff for a mini-day trip and hike some waterfalls. It's about an hour and a half away, but was totally worth the trip. The kids were great and had a blast, and the weather was beautiful. Canada is a gorgeous country and we are really enjoying the warmer weather the past few weeks. 

The hike was about 1.5 miles in, so 3 miles total. The kids loved it and had fun climbing around and seeing many different falls, big and small. The river was rushing quite quickly and I was nervous letting the kids play near it, but they were pretty careful and had fun touching the freezing cold water. Abby slept for most of the hike surprisingly and the other three did great. They also had fun chasing butterflies, catching caterpillars, and entertaining a rather friendly chipmunk. The kids put their hands out and the chipmunk ran right up to them. It was a great day as a family. When we got home, we went to Smashburger for dinner and then to Matt's games, but he was the only one on his team that showed up. We told the other teams that we forfeit (lame), and then went to play tag at the park as a family again. The kids got to bed pretty late tonight by the time we got home and showered, but I am sure they'll sleep great with all of our hiking and running around.

I love summer time because it means that much more family time. I have one handsome and fun husband and the most hilarious and fun four little people. We always have a blast together and I am so grateful we're a forever family. This ended up being such a perfect day. Matt has work tomorrow but has Thursday and Friday off for the beginning of Stampede as well as his 9/80. We aren't quite sure what our plans are, but we are all so anxious for more family time! 

























































































No comments: